Volkswagen to Try and Get the Nürburgring Record for an Electric Vehicle with the I.D. R

Electric vehicules are maybe the future but they will never do the same thrilling sound as v8/v10/v12 when you push the accelerator : you know that kind of thing which puts a big smile on your face :D
I wonder could the makers of sim racing titles help out there. Apply sim FFB effects to electric steering systems. Port sounds into the cabin, etc..

The sound of a motor will always be a great thing but I think in a few years time it will be like the difference between sitting on a plane with propellers and a plane with a jet engine. There's something about a prop plane that just feels dated now.

Actually, larger energy density = Greater efficiency. I knew what I meant.

Read my post again: Simply crashing a vehicle does not equate the vehicle catching fire. In my 20 years of fighting fire I went on two vehicle crashes that ended in fire. Neither of those fires were the result of, nor did they result in, explosion. Both fires were due to a ruptured containment vessel (fuel tank) or a break in the fuel system that cause fuel or fumes to contact an ignition source.

Lastly: As a firefighter I frequently used a diesel/gasoline mix to fight fire: Wildland. So...

Yeah, we stood there with fuel and used it to put out fire(s).

Larger energy density if you loose 75% of the energy in heat is not efficient.

This is very recent. I think non Tesla does that.
https://www.wpxi.com/news/teen-recovering-after-jeep-crashes-and-explodes/911983734

Larger energy density if you loose 75% of the energy in heat is not efficient.
I guess you have decided to ignore the science and just go with your opinion on this one. Not a problem. Go with it.

Yes. I was on a call where a full-size PU hit a semi truck head on with a closing speed of 130 MPH. The PU caught fire, burning all five on board to death. What the pick-up and jeep did not do was explode spontaneously with no outside influences.

Both fires and, in the case of the jeep "explosion" (which it was not, an explosion is much more vigorous than a fire), were caused by outside influences in which the fuel tanks of the PU and the jeep were ruptured and fuel was atomized in the collision to the point that the Fuel/Air mixture was just right when an ignition source was introduced.

At no time did either vehicle's fuel source spontaneously combust, as a matter of fact a great amount of energy expended in less than a second was needed. along with the mechanics of the incidents, to cause the fuel to combust.

We are having this discussion because you implied that fuel (Gasoline and Diesel) are prone to spontaneous combustion.

I think, with your reference, you are being purposefully obtuse. Perhaps not, perhaps you truly do not know.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%