Volkswagen to Try and Get the Nürburgring Record for an Electric Vehicle with the I.D. R

You really do not understand.
I was jocking! on my post I was just saying that petrol cars they get burn, so isn't new danger.
I know petrol is not Nitroglycerin. I never said than fuel ignites spontaneously, but if you have a crash, what?
Also I think you mean fuel has a larger energy density, is not the same as being efficient.

Electric vehicules are maybe the future but they will never do the same thrilling sound as v8/v10/v12 when you push the accelerator : you know that kind of thing which puts a big smile on your face :D

"There's usually more 'fuel' to burn in an electric vehicle compared to an ICE"
Is there? 1 liter of gasoline contains about 9.5kWh of energy. 30 liters of gasoline would amount to 285kWh of energy, almost 3 times as much as in the largest batteries put into consumer EVs.

Not to mention that gasoline spills everywhere, the fire spreads faster and is more likely to catch on fire in the first place.

Sure, batteries can catch on fire long after the fire has been extinguished, but the car can be easily contained by then. And If I found myself in an accident, I'd much rather the energy was released in small doses, rather than all at once.
Gasoline spills everywhere? Really? I see no spilled gasoline? I've fueled cars for the last 35 years and can't remember gasoline spilling everywhere. What an odd statement.

Gasoline spills everywhere? Really? I see no spilled gasoline? I've fueled cars for the last 35 years and can't remember gasoline spilling everywhere. What an odd statement.

Now believe it it not, but that's not actually the road that's on fire.
maxresdefault.jpg

Now believe it it not, but that's not actually the road that's on fire.
maxresdefault.jpg
Yeah, that's it everyone. A car the broke a fuel line perhaps. Everyone must move to electric now or we will all die. Lol. Good for you. You found a picture. Proves everything right? Lol. Ever hear of the girl who dropped her cellphone in the bathtub and got electrocuted and died? I have. So we should ban electricity now. Lol.

He is talking about another kind of efficiency. He means that out of all the petrol you burn in your car, only 20% of it produces power that actually moves the car, all the rest is just wasted in heat. In EVs that efficiency goes up to 80-90%. So yes, electric is much more efficient in that regard than fossil fuel.
By the way, what is the possibility of changing the format of this site? I mean what is the point of having this forum-type layout? Can't you just make it article based and call it good? What's with this stupid, agree, disagree, beer crap anyway? And comments? They're mostly stupid and it all goes downhill anyway. I for one would much rather just read an article and be done with it. Also, I have this Jamiedk premium member sending me stupid messages in my inbox. Can you please ask him to stop? He was afraid to post his nonsense on the forum for the world to see, so he contacted me directly. Gee whiz. Glad the site is free anyway.

Last edited:
Except that every timed lap the NIO has done has been on full racing slicks...all the other production cars could do that and wipe several seconds off their 'ring laptimes aswell *shrug*

In any case I'm predicting the IDR is going to steamroll its time

Sure, as well has the IDR also a non-street-legal aerokit, which the NIO hasn't.

It's like like comparing Apples with Pears.

Popular mechanic in 50-60s had articles on trains that will float above the track and a family in a driver less car ........... sound so far fetched today ;)

My opinion is we will discover new ways to harness the suns energy
By then no one will have cars
Vehicles will be for essential services, transport and the highly privileged

By the way, what is the possibility of changing the format of this site? I mean what is the point of having this forum-type layout? Can't you just make it article based and call it good? What's with this stupid, agree, disagree, beer crap anyway? And comments? They're mostly stupid and it all goes downhill anyway. I for one would much rather just read an article and be done with it. Also, I have this Jamiedk premium member sending me stupid messages in my inbox. Can you please ask him to stop? He was afraid to post his nonsense on the forum for the world to see, so he contacted me directly. Gee whiz. Glad the site is free anyway.

Btw, you could just not visit this site. That would be far easier than redesigning an entire website just to suit your individual requirements :rolleyes:

Considering all things though, internal combustion engines are more efficient. Electric will never be the long term go to platform. Even the major manufacturers know this. Electric is a gimmick that will only last a few years. They have said this and are planning on alternative fuels such as hydrogen for the long term. What powerplant burns hydrogen? The internal combustion engine.

The only smart solution will be to use hydrogen to generate electrical energy via a fuel-cell, and then use that energy to power electric engines, because electric engines are way more efficent then ICEs.It doesn't make any sense to use alot of energy to produce hydrogen and the burn it in inefficent ICE.

Also the fuel-cell combines the upsides of both worlds, the use of efficent electic engines and the fast refuling process of cars with ICEs.

Ah I get it. Now we will change the discussion to pollution over the cities. Lol. I thought we were talking about efficiency? Guess not. When you are incorrect, change the discussion.
Would you please elaborate how the ICE is more efficent than an electircal engine? Did you just reinvent math and physics and in your universe 20-30% is more than 75%?

Electric vehicules are maybe the future but they will never do the same thrilling sound as v8/v10/v12 when you push the accelerator : you know that kind of thing which puts a big smile on your face :D
The sound is one reason why ICEs are less efficient, its just wasted energy, moving air instead of the car.

It's really nice though.

Maybe they are, but want to manage the expactations.

The ID.R is a lot heavier than the Porsche and the combined poweroutput of the Porsche is way better the the ID.Rs, so it will be very hard for the ID.R to beat the Porsche.

I was jocking! on my post I was just saying that petrol cars they get burn, so isn't new danger.
I know petrol is not Nitroglycerin. I never said than fuel ignites spontaneously, but if you have a crash, what?
Also I think you mean fuel has a larger energy density, is not the same as being efficient.

Actually, larger energy density = Greater efficiency. I knew what I meant.

Read my post again: Simply crashing a vehicle does not equate the vehicle catching fire. In my 20 years of fighting fire I went on two vehicle crashes that ended in fire. Neither of those fires were the result of, nor did they result in, explosion. Both fires were due to a ruptured containment vessel (fuel tank) or a break in the fuel system that cause fuel or fumes to contact an ignition source.

Lastly: As a firefighter I frequently used a diesel/gasoline mix to fight fire: Wildland. So...

Yeah, we stood there with fuel and used it to put out fire(s).

Difference being that gasoline and diesel do not spontaneously combust. Batteries do and have. I responded to a truck fire on the freeway that was started by one of the batteries exploding with shrapnel causing a hole in the gas tank. When we got on scene the truck was not on fire...

Until the second battery exploded and an ignition source found the fuel that had been leaking from the fuel tank.

Even then the fuel just burned. It did not explode. Batteries explode when exposed to heat.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%