Volkswagen ID.R challenge - Top Guys' Setups Shared

RasmusP

Premium
Hi folks,

this is now really a setup I'm gonna share so I'll create the thread here instead of a setup thread in the setup section.

I tried to get a fast time in for about 4 hours. I tweaked and tweaked, that said I'm not really familiar with setups in R3E, and found a good, balanced one and did a 6:07.

Now I know I'm not the best. But I'm also not 15 seconds off the pace I think.

So today I started to search for setups that are proven to be sub 6:00 minutes.

And I found the one used by Austin Ogonoski for a '59.5 and the slightly edited one but based on Austin's used by Moritz Löhner for a '56.023.

Here are the two setups: First Austin's original, then Moritz'

upload_2019-6-4_17-20-31.png

upload_2019-6-4_17-20-41.png

Credits to:

I didn't try them yet but looking at them they are completely nuts compared to the default and what I came up with, lol. Looks a bit like full-exploit honestly.

If they're that radical then it probably is a bit of an exploit somewhere. A few of R3E's cars have things that can be toyed with in order to get good, if unrealistic, results. This car will be looked at and patched though I believe, as S3 will be taking the new data from it's runs and tweaking the in-game car to perform more like the real thing.

If they're that radical then it probably is a bit of an exploit somewhere. A few of R3E's cars have things that can be toyed with in order to get good, if unrealistic, results. This car will be looked at and patched though I believe, as S3 will be taking the new data from it's runs and tweaking the in-game car to perform more like the real thing.
Agreed!
I doubt it will happen anytime soon though as the competition with it is going on until October.
I have no clue or experience with these competitions but I doubt they'll gonna reset the leaderboard while it's ongoing?

But yeah... Rear raised by 3mm, toe to a full degree, dampers all set to the softest and the rear camber raised from 2.1 to 3.9. From less than the fronts, like we know it to a full degree more than the fronts.
That's absolutely nothing I would ever come up with :roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years