• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Volkswagen ID.R challenge - Top Guys' Setups Shared

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by RasmusP, Jun 4, 2019.

1. RasmusP

RasmusP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,991
    Hi folks,

this is now really a setup I'm gonna share so I'll create the thread here instead of a setup thread in the setup section.

I tried to get a fast time in for about 4 hours. I tweaked and tweaked, that said I'm not really familiar with setups in R3E, and found a good, balanced one and did a 6:07.

Now I know I'm not the best. But I'm also not 15 seconds off the pace I think.

So today I started to search for setups that are proven to be sub 6:00 minutes.

And I found the one used by Austin Ogonoski for a '59.5 and the slightly edited one but based on Austin's used by Moritz Löhner for a '56.023.

Here are the two setups: First Austin's original, then Moritz'

upload_2019-6-4_17-20-31.png

upload_2019-6-4_17-20-41.png

Credits to:

I didn't try them yet but looking at them they are completely nuts compared to the default and what I came up with, lol. Looks a bit like full-exploit honestly.

2. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,933
    If they're that radical then it probably is a bit of an exploit somewhere. A few of R3E's cars have things that can be toyed with in order to get good, if unrealistic, results. This car will be looked at and patched though I believe, as S3 will be taking the new data from it's runs and tweaking the in-game car to perform more like the real thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RasmusP

RasmusP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,991
    Agreed!
    I doubt it will happen anytime soon though as the competition with it is going on until October.
    I have no clue or experience with these competitions but I doubt they'll gonna reset the leaderboard while it's ongoing?

But yeah... Rear raised by 3mm, toe to a full degree, dampers all set to the softest and the rear camber raised from 2.1 to 3.9. From less than the fronts, like we know it to a full degree more than the fronts.
    That's absolutely nothing I would ever come up with :roflmao:

4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,933
    Nah, they'll leave it for now. Imagine the outcry if they reset the leaderboard tomorrow in the middle of a competition! :D Everyone can use the same tweaks so it's still a fair contest.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +114
    I would probably hire an italian hitman - so dont mess with the LB:sneaky:

6. RasmusP

RasmusP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,991
    Italian?
    I'd choose John Wick :D
    Next movie will be about taking his leaderboards positions from him, watch this place! :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.