Resource icon

Cars Voisin C6 'Laboratoire' 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nicecuppatea submitted a new resource:

Voisin C6 'Laboratoire' - Yes that is a propeller.

Another entry from Tours, 1923.

8Lgpzoy.jpg

Started this not long after the Bugatti Type 32 so the model shares a few of the same flaws - mostly not enough polygons where they should be, and probably a few too many where they shouldn't - but I think it's fairly close to the originals.

gfXVKOR.jpg

Physics-wise it's still largely guesswork, I've learnt a bit more since the Bugatti but it's hard to know how relevant that is when...

Read more about this resource...

Great fun at Goodwood! It just has enough top gear for there. What happens if you set the shift wait thingy really high? Can you force people to do the old "shift one two shift"? :p

I went all in with the replay lean :roflmao:

Hah, I don't have VR but I still end up leaning around all the corners, funny when you get into a bad slide and almost fall out of your chair trying to recover it :laugh:. Immersion can be bad for your health sometimes :).

I did change the animation timing a little on the gear shift but it'd be interesting to see if it can be set up like that, maybe do a mis-shift if you don't wait long enough, have to do a little investigating.

Hah, I don't have VR but I still end up leaning around all the corners, funny when you get into a bad slide and almost fall out of your chair trying to recover it :laugh:. Immersion can be bad for your health sometimes :).

I did change the animation timing a little on the gear shift but it'd be interesting to see if it can be set up like that, maybe do a mis-shift if you don't wait long enough, have to do a little investigating.
Check out the Miura, it definitely has some setting(s) that make shifting a tiny bit more tricky.

They seem to do a lot of leaning in these old cars at Goodwood so I thought I'd have a go for the replay :p

This car is quite a different driving experience, flat out more or less at T1 and suuper early on throttle after turning in then the long wait for the revs to build up :D

Last edited:
I've often wondered how these cars would fare on dirt or gravel roads like the ones they drove on in reality, so I downloaded a rally track from RD and tried it. Works surprisingly well:

Zv41Sob.jpg

It's not too keen on the jumps though - going up is fine but coming back down is a bit bouncy:

LdedW5E.jpg

The thought has crossed my mind before that a vintage track would really complete the sense of immersion and probably be bloody good fun too. Seems doable at least. My list of Things I Need To Learn How To Do grows ever longer :)

Hey if there's an update coming some time could it be possible to make wheel covers paintable? Now they share texture with the steering wheel.

Hey if there's an update coming some time could it be possible to make wheel covers paintable? Now they share texture with the steering wheel.

Sure, just need to give them a separate material, not sure how much it matters these days but I tried to keep the file size as close to Kunos standards as I could and fewer textures helps with that.

There will be an update, just been concentrating on the Sunbeam for the last couple of weeks.

Nicecuppatea updated Voisin C6 'Laboratoire' with a new update entry:

Voisin C6 1.1

- changed gear ratios
- improved AI at race starts
- dialed down overly shiny chrome
- separated texture for the wheel discs
- fixed a few little graphical errors
- plumped up seats for added comfort

It's hard to know what's correct with the gear ratios, I somehow got the impression vintage cars had long first gears but the few actual ratios I've managed to find suggest that's not so, it's not much to go on but I think it's better to lean towards what the facts suggest - could still be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nicecuppatea updated Voisin C6 'Laboratoire' with a new update entry:

Voisin C6 Laboratoire v1.2

Update to add the 1920s driver, full lods, better sound and, thanks to CM, a working clock.

INSTALL NOTE: As before, install manually if you want the full driver skins because CM's installer doesn't see them. Extract the archive to your ...Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa folder/

I officially hate making LODs :mad: and as with the Bugatti they're bigger than they should be but maybe they'll help if anyone has a less powerful computer and struggles with performance.

Originally I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I do hope the tire changes incorporated were the slightly higher grip ones (Did I manage to send those?) and not the hockey pucks. :roflmao: Perhaps a bit overestimated how much the age and construction affects it compared to more modern tires. The 2nd version I made was quite sensible.

But yeah I felt the old tires for the Sunbeam specifically were perhaps a bit higher grip than likely and had some stuff in them that I wouldn't agree with, so *maybe* these are more realistic and enjoyable.

Now if anyone has any tire test data from period accurate tires... :whistling:

I don't think I got the second ones but I did tone the first ones down a fair bit, there's probably still a bit/lot more tinkering to be done but I think they're heading in the right direction.

The Sunbeam has always felt a bit too stable to me too but it shares the same tyres as the Voisin so it's partly a case of making the Sunbeam twitchier without making the Voisin undriveable.

I think that kind of thinking is somewhat misguided. If it's not twitchy enough, it's a suspension issue.

All I tried was more compliance from the tire and less grip. Everything will become easier, not harder.

Might be a glitch in Content Manager? I get the same thing, but if I run the game the flames are fine in replays and if I type 'set observeFlames 1' in the console I get this. If I set the flames so they line up in CM showroom then they're broken in the game:

Screenshot_voisin_c6_laboratoire_ks_drag_12-6-120-11-14-7.jpg

I think CM's showroom is broken. It's not the first time I tried to change the direction of the flames with opposite values but the arrows don't move. Especially when they are aimed at rather unconventional directions, like the top of the vehicle.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 208 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%