Voicemeeter with two audio cards help...

At a loss as to how to get my 2 sound card setup, to work. I want output to headphones, buttkicker. i also have tv sound via hdmi out on my video card. have tried to setup with voicemeeter but simhub plays to head phones instead of buttkicker. sound also goes to headphones ok.

simhub also shows 2 sets of 2 channel conections one works and goes to headphones other works visually but cant get it kick the but kicker or headphones........I know this is a very simple fix but i have been going rouund in so many circles I am dizzy!!!

If you're using SimHub, then you don't need voicemeeter. SimHub doesn't use game audio, it uses force feedback effect telemetry from the game and converts that to vibrations.

Solution: In Windows, set the sound to output to the headphone's soundcard as normal. In SimHub, select the sound card your Buttkicker amp is plugged into. And don't use voicemeeter in any part of this.

Upvote 0
If you're using SimHub, then you don't need voicemeeter. SimHub doesn't use game audio, it uses force feedback effect telemetry from the game and converts that to vibrations.

Solution: In Windows, set the sound to output to the headphone's soundcard as normal. In SimHub, select the sound card your Buttkicker amp is plugged into. And don't use voicemeeter in any part of this.
I am having an issue getting Voicemeter and SinHub to work together. Below, are screen captures of how windows sound and simhub are connected. Here you can see that Windows is connected to my 2nd sound card, named Transducer amp.
Screenshot-2021-07-02_07.41.18.png

Here, youc an see that SimHub is showing a connection error when connected to the 2nd sound card, named Transducer amp.

Screenshot-2021-07-02_08.25.33.png

Upvote 0
I am having an issue getting Voicemeter and SinHub to work together. Below, are screen captures of how windows sound and simhub are connected. Here you can see that Windows is connected to my 2nd sound card, named Transducer amp.
View attachment 485406
Here, youc an see that SimHub is showing a connection error when connected to the 2nd sound card, named Transducer amp.

View attachment 485419

I think you're maybe causing a conflict by selecting the sound output in the Window App volume... panel. Change that to default and only have the soundcard picked in SimHub.

Upvote 0
I think you're maybe causing a conflict by selecting the sound output in the Window App volume... panel. Change that to default and only have the soundcard picked in SimHub.
There are lots of YouTube videos on how to setup Voicemeter Banana. In several of those instruction videos they describe changing the output and input settings in windows to use Voicemeter. I believe all audio passes through Voicemeter. Voicemeter seems unable to properly route audio through my 4 channel transducer amp. The only transducer getting signal is the one attached to my chair, and that happened only after routing the transducer through the Voicemeter AUX channel.
Screenshot-2021-07-05_13.38.00.png

Upvote 0
Voicemeter is used to pipe desktop audio to multiple sound outputs. SimHub does not use desktop audio. It uses force feedback telementry and converts it to sound vibrations. You need a separate soundcard for SimHub.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Voicemeter is used to pipe desktop audio to multiple sound outputs. SimHub does not use desktop audio. It uses force feedback telementry and converts it to sound vibrations. You need a separate soundcard for SimHub.

Yes, I have a separate sound card in my system. I am trying to get Voicemeter to use that sound card and the 4 channel app connected to it.

Upvote 0
I'm getting lost here. Are you using Voicemeter and SimHub on the same sound card? That won't work.
Before installing Voicemeter Banana, I had this setup working very well for more than a year. I am running two sound cards, one sound card (Named Transducer Amp) is for Sim Hub and the 4-channel amp connected to it. The onboard sound card is for everything else

This may all be in how Voicemeter is installed. YouTube has several videos descripting how to install Voicemeter. I followed one of them. Is my installation the proper one, I have no real idea, except that everything works except SimHub. I included screen captures to show how Voicemeter is configured to Output and Input on this system.

Upvote 0
Are you using Voicemeter to send desktop audio to the same soundcard you're trying to get SimHub to communicate with?
Yes. Voicemeter is doing a few things. Voicemeter is connected to both sound cards, and can use them both at the same time. So, if I am playing a shooter or listening to music, Voicemeter sends music or gameplay to my speakers (my 1st sound card), and at the same time send low bass to the 2nd sound card controlling the transducers for some feel the bass music listening or game play. This is without SimHub running.

After some tinkering, I have a partial success. My external amp on the 2nd sound card is 4-channels and controls transducers in my pedal platform (front, left and right) and seat (rear, left and right). As of now, SimHub sees only 2 channels front, left and right.

2 channels are working. I will call that good. Don't know why only two channels are being seen by SimHub and nothing is going to the rear channels.

Upvote 0
It can be a real pain in the backside trying to accomplish this in that you get to enjoy or use the following on tactile transducers:

A) "Telemetry" based tactile via Simhub
B) "System Audio" for "Game/ Music" based tactile
C) "User Controlled Mix" of both

Windows can enable a duplicate soundcard output of the primary audio and then with that you can apply individual EQ that benefits the "Game Audio/Music" going to tactile without it affecting audio for headphones/speakers. To get the most from "Game Audio" based tactile it does need to be controlled and boosted with (crossover/eq) to then suit the transducers it is being used on. So having separated/duplicated "Primary Audio" is the first recommendation.

VMB or EQ/APO and other software options
Trying to route different card audio as source A) and source B) or a mix of A&B will likely be troublesome. Windows has a habit of messing up soundcard settings with updates etc. Also trying to route multi-channels within software and windows has been known to have issues.
Potential trouble with certain soundcards/motherboards, delay or channel crosstalk are factors some have had in the past as well.

I have yet to see anyone share a working guide/example that is reliable and not a pain in the backside without issues of some form using virtual soundcard routing/mixing with multichannels. Of course their are professional software applications that do this working as an industry standard which wouldnt be free or cheap. These allow networked audio from mulpile PCs to be routed/mixed controlled with a standard like "Dante Audio".

Honestly, the best approach is to do this via a hardware method that then works, no hassle with windows updates or software working then not working. Avoiding interference, delay crosstalk issues as well.

Potential With Affordable Hardware Solutions:
1) Duplicate primary audio to split for headphones/speakers (Stereo - 7.1 possible)
2) Have Mixer/EQ functionality via suitable hardware options to suit the budget and level of control desired.

These could:
A) Achieve rotary/slider volume control for each channel
B) Achieve bass/treble control for each channel
C) Achieve dB monitoring of each channel for output levels including effects clipping
D) Enable "Primary Audio" only tactile / "Simhub" only tactile / "Mix Of Both" based tactile

These are things I have done in the past but in hardware, it depends on what level of control you want and how much you want to spend. It's not necessarily that expensive to do. Depends firstly how many channels you want to do it with for your tactile. Is 1-6 enough?

However, it will be reliable once it is configured and remove the headaches but also give you easy access to make real-time adjustments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In an earlier reply I mentioned that I was able to get SimHub and Voicemeter to work together partially. After some additionally tinkering, I have SimHub working together 100%.

There were two issues. First, I believe the sound card that controls for transducer amp needed to be set to Quadraphonic from within Windows Sounds. Second, in Windows Sounds Settings, under Advanced sound options, SimHub’s output must be set to default. Here, I initially set SimHub’s output to the sound card which controlled the transducers. Don’t do this.

So now, I a fully working SimHub that can also be controlled through Voicemeter in that I can apply bass transducers with any app on my PC. I use this for listening to music, video, and games that are not designed to work with SimHub. It is a great perk.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years