Vista/Windows 7

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Bobs Track Builder requires Windows XP - I do not support Vista or Windows 7.

Although some people are successfully running BTB under Vista/Win7 I do not officially support it since I have not tested BTB under either of those operating systems. This is starting to change now as I now have Win7 x64, but it's early days and I need more testing under this operating system before I can officially support it.

If you do wish to persist with Vista/Win7 then you do so at your own risk. Make sure everything is "Run as Admininstrator"; that includes the HID.exe that is used to generate your HardwareId.txt. Better still, right-click on the icon, go to Properties, select the Compatability tab and tick the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox (at least this is what I see under Win7).

Remove all USB drives and reboot before running the HID.exe.

Some Vista/Win7 users report that their HardwareId number changes after a reboot and that only rebooting again will get the BTB license working again.

"No support" means I do not assist those with problems under Vista/Win7. These threads are your only means of support. People that email me will be directed here.

If you wish to move your license to a machine running XP you will need to wait until your license has expired, then generate and upload a new one on your XP machine.

The good news is that with the next beta version I am attempting to make sure BTB works properly under Windows 7. Fingers crossed!

When i have to install these, the only way to install these is to install Win7 completely fresh again.
Because win7 does not allow me to install net 2.0 and directx9.0c, when there are newer files on it.

I uninstalled framework 4.5.1
And tried to install framework net 2.0. It says that it already is installed. Reinstalling gives an error message.

Last edited:
I am using Windows 7 professional 64 bit with Service pack 1 and with the new version 0.9.0.0 I have had no more "out of memory" crashes that I used to have with version 0.8.0.3! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi all
my old Pc with Windows XP no longer works.
my new Pc has Windows 8 being owner of BTB Pro for rFactor
Let me know if it works with Windows 8 BTB and what version should I use
("0.8.0.3 or 0.9.0.0) and
If you just ask for another licence or should I buy a new one?
Sorry for my bad English. A greeting to all Max59

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing