Visor Texture with PSD file

Thanks alot to you three T46D, kenken and Rini Braat. This Mod is absolutely awesome :)

Together with Rini's Camera Mod it gives you a very realistic cockpit view...had a blast of a race in Spain, some minutes ago.
Also combined with the sweetFx Mod and the Real Weather V4 Mod this gives you quite an realistic experience in my opinion...totally different game from now. Thanks to you all!

T46D
Have you plans on making visor textures with the sticker stripe for each team?

could u tell me the dds settings please?, tried everything, after i flatten my image, save but can not chek the alpha channels checkbox just before you get the .DDS settings window, then after that ive tried dxt1,3 and 5 but still...no transparency..

nope, is it normal when i open up your .psd and click on the channels tab that there is no alpha channel?, ive tried importing the alpha channel from the .dds in to the psd, kind of looking better now...

could u tell me the dds settings please?, tried everything, after i flatten my image, save but can not chek the alpha channels checkbox just before you get the .DDS settings window, then after that ive tried dxt1,3 and 5 but still...no transparency..
You don't need flatten it that probably why it stop the transparent parts

DXT5 is ok.

Actually, DirectX recognize file format and set parameter automatically. Furthermore, even if you put png with alpha channel as visor.dds, DirectX will convert to proper format and display it.

For now, I'm using this visor as is provided, but I don't know if it's the dirt on it that changes the color quality on my screen, and if so, if it would be possible to have one that is completely transparent, then sweetFX wouldn't saturate my whites to the point I almost can't see the car's reflections in front anymore (not to mention, at Monaco, all the white color objects blur together to the point it becomes very difficult to distinguish between the rails and the buildings). (Problem solved, thanks keith) :thumbsup:

I tried to modify the DDS file using GIMP but the whole thing is so confusing as I admit not knowing much about it. It would be so nice if the great artists here could find enough time to make visors for all teams in DDS format (clean and dirty versions), and upload them for the community to enjoy. Dreaming, maybe.

Big thank you's guys, kenken, T46D, and Rini. :inlove:

This is only a Texture!
You have to Download this Mod at first: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/visor-view-mod.60874/
Thanks to kenken for this Mod and thanks to Rini Braat for the Permission to use his Visor Texture

Visor Texture with PSD file

f120122012120214012503IYV6L.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?daz9n0b09bc4n0d

i love this :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%