1. 24 Premium du RD
    We are busy giving away 24 premium memberships during the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Follow us on Instagram and like this message to have a chance to win yourself.

Virus pCARS2.exe

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by dreamer al, Oct 21, 2017.

1. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +75
    Kaspersky for some reason is identifying the "pCars2.exe" file as a virus and then deletes the file. I have started Steam and had the file reinstalled. However when restarting game, same thing happens....deletes!!
    I am not sure how this will or can be fixed. I am hoping if enough people know about it and create a fuss, it may get fixed. Yes, i am a dreamer....lol.
    PS. This same thing happened with Assetto Corsa sometime ago. Again it was Kaspersky. Very odd

2. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,408
    Get rid of kasperky then? There are numerous free options that work better. This the first time I have heard about this problem though. You do have a legit version?:whistling::cool:

3. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +255
    I had the same problem happening with Automobilista, Rfactor 2 and even Fanaleds using Norton.
    The only solution provided was ask Symantec to test and declare them "False Positive" ( what they were of course ) BUT .......

At every update with a new .exe, the problem began again and again !
    NB: in fact, there's something in them looking like ( but not being ) a Trojan.
    Since they are not able to find the difference between a Trojan and a look-like-a-Trojan, our dear protectors became paranoic .... " we dont know the difference !.....so we delete " :whistling::devilish::poop:

The only solution I found was:
    1) restore the files without allowing to check them again
    2) unactivate the Heuristic analysis ( Norton ... but there's surely something similar in Kaspersky ).

When having a look at Virus Total .... maybe 5 or 6 antivirus consider them as ... positive at the start..... choose another security software is surely the only solution.

4. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +260
    The patching mechanism that most of these titles use is what's causing the issue. Most of them use byte patching which modifies the executable. To A/V, this appears to be something infecting the file. Just whitelist the folders or turn your A/V into a report mode so it reports what is suspect without actually doing any action until you confirm it.