Virtual World Touring Car Championship

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Now the V-WTCC site is closed for public and the videos on the site are no longer available for download I decided to upload them all to our youtube channel and post them here in a thread so they are stored for later.

For those that are not familiar with the V-WTCC. Yoeri Gijsen and I organised this world championship last year for SimBin/Eurosport.

It was a global competition where every driver in the world that had RACE 07 / GTR Evolution installed, could compete on the v-wtcc leaderboards by setting the fastest laptimes, after which the top drivers did a shootout during an online race, and only the world's best drivers managed to qualify for those events. The winners of the online races were invited to the real WTCC tracks in Europe where they fought harsh battle onsite to try and qualify for the big final in Monza, Italy where the world champion would be crowned and became owner of a brand new car: the Chevrolet HHR.

On the 6th of october 2008 Roland Ehnström from Sweden managed to grab the title with Bastien Bartsch from France and Markus Könönen from Finland joined him on the podium.

Semi-Final 1 @ Valencia, Spain
[ame]

Semi-Final 2 @ Brno, Czech Republic

Semi-Final 3 @ Brands Hatch, England
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB78ShWLxnY

Semi-Final 4 @ Oschersleben, Germany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KctJrIUu6Lg

Semi-Final 5 @ Mantorp, Sweden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_SLyoasjqM

The Grand Final @ Monza, Italy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXwKlKMNVrU

resultsbanner.jpg

Final Results
  1. Roland Ehnström - BMW (Swe)
  2. Bastien Bartsch - BMW (Fra)
  3. Markus Könönen - BMW (Fin)
  4. Tomislav Vladovic - SEAT (Ger)
  5. Rudi Reinkort - Honda (Est)
  6. Michael Storm - Chevrolet (Ned)
  7. Marco Schade - Honda (Ger)
  8. Daniel Struck - Chevrolet (Ger)
  9. Sven Eckhardt - SEAT (Ger)
  10. Roman Meier - Honda (Ger)
  11. David Greco - SEAT (Ita)
  12. Elmar Erlekotte - Chevrolet (Ger)
  13. Nils Naujoks - BMW (Ger)
  14. Danny Engels - Honda (Ger)
  15. Hendrik von Eye - Chevrolet (Ger)
Thanks to all volunteers who helped us out during the season, we could'nt have done it without you guys :thumb:

Attachments

• Finals.jpg
    Finals.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 314
Truly that was the greatest simracing championship ever devised. I have good memories of going onto the ranking servers as my public alias, holdenss06, and testing my mettle. I clearly remember getting into the top 50 times at Brno... :D

• i3D.net

Ah so you were the guy from Brazil! :D

The V-WTCC was a lot of fun. There were obviously some small errors due to it being the first year on that scale. But there was a lot of potential. Too bad to not see a second year.

Great event. Hope we can have one more soon..... I managed to qualify to valencia semi-final but I could not travel.... But it was a really nice event!!!!
Very nice, Gabriel!!! I didn't know that...
Very strong pace in the WTCC's as I see. You're having a great season in the brazilian leagues. Grats for that!!!

I already overtook Gabriel twice!!! HAHAHA. Take that, Gabriel!!!! Kidding!!! He had 60kg extra on his car...

Ah so you were the guy from Brazil! :D

The V-WTCC was a lot of fun. There were obviously some small errors due to it being the first year on that scale. But there was a lot of potential. Too bad to not see a second year.

Yes. Thats me. It was a nightmare here. I wanted to go, but some documents were not ready till the D-DAY. Bram and Yoeri (forgot that name, hehe) really helped me a lot, but unfortunetlly couldnt make it....

Very nice, Gabriel!!! I didn't know that...
Very strong pace in the WTCC's as I see. You're having a great season in the brazilian leagues. Grats for that!!!

I already overtook Gabriel twice!!! HAHAHA. Take that, Gabriel!!!! Kidding!!! He had 60kg extra on his car...

Hahahahah.... Hey yo Aritan. Nice to see you here. The brazilians are taking place on every league.... :D
I'm really lucky this year. Really nice races and a lot of fun. Hope it keeps that way... :desire:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%