Virtual World Endurance Championship 2013 Revealed

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
At long last the moment is there... The Virtual World Endurance Championship is finally announced! Today RaceDepartment's new endurance series opens its doors for teams and drivers to sign up for the 2013 season. Make sure you don't miss out!

The series will open with a 6 hour race on Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia on October 12th of this year. From there on a trip is made to the Middle East for the 8 Hours of Bahrein and the season finale: the 12 Hours of Losail. The latter circuit being a new upcoming release by RaceDepartment's Marco Bijl. The championship extends its Asian touch by its all-GT format including the Nissan GT-R GT1 in the GT1 class and the Nissan 370z in the GT4 class. The third class is the series - GT2 - features the ever-popular Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT2. The prototypes are left in the garage this season, but will likely be reintroduced in future seasons. Perhaps the sound of 40 roaring GT engines on the grid will make us forget about them for a little while.

As the Virtual World Endurance Championship moves to rFactor 2 a whole range of new features are introduced, most importantly the dynamic racing line and changeable weather that rFactor 1 lacked. No doubt these features will add some extra spice to the races as well as to the broadcast that will cover them. As in past seasons of the RaceDepartment Le Mans Series the VWEC will have all the races broadcasted live by our team of commentators and cameramen. You will also be able to keep track of your favorite team though livetiming.

For those that are interested in joining the competition or keeping track of the latest news in the series, be sure to visit the VWEC forum. Today the entry list opens and team owners can apply for a team license to enter one or two cars into the series. All the necessary information can be found in the General Information thread. Read it carefully and sign up today!

Application for the 6 Hours of Sepang are accepted until September 13, 2013. After that teams can only apply for a license for the next round of the championship.
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
"a whole range of new features are introduced, most importantly the dynamic racing line and changeable weather that rFactor 1 lacked"

Very keen to see this unfold.

I thought I saw more voices asking for another season with Enduracers mod on rF1.

Guess I was wrong.

Malaysia, Borerain and Losail? Doesn't sound too spectacular to me...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%