F1 2011 Virtual Wheel

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello everyone!

All the time i have been playing F1 2010 and 2011 on keyboard, as i don't own any gamepad or steering wheel. However today i have came across some funny software and i would like to share this with you ;)

All you need is to have an android based smartphone with accelerometer. If you own one, you need to install DroidPad from Market and install this on your windows pc: http://digitalsquid.co.uk/download/droidpad/DroidPad_setup-1.2.1.exe Before installation you have to disable antivirus, as PPJoy may be found as a trojan - it is not! Even when i was installing drivers from my phone manufacturer i got recommendation to disable antivirus protection as it might interrupt installation. Dont worry about this!

Once you have everything installed (drivers from yours phone manufacture & DroidPad) you can use it as your virtual steering wheel. I used 5 keys layout on my phone screen and set 2 of them to accelerate & brake. Only steering i have set to X axis and i must say its really fun to drive with it.

There is a way to connect phone to pc using wireless lan & usb cable. I found usb connection more responsible, but that might be because i have router behind 2 walls ;)

Anyway... I have spent about 30 minutes on spa in time trial mode to try my skills and i was about 6secs slower than on keyboard so i will need much more practice.. Here is a screenshot...

Good luck!

Attachments

• 2011-12-03_00001.jpg
    2011-12-03_00001.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 294
I have changed few controller settings in game like sensitivity and on montreal i have beaten my keyboard time by 0.093s, and after a few laps again by 0.683...

Then i have tried my skills on albert park, and also beaten keyboard time by 0.456s

Next track was again spa... and this time i lost only 0.483s but i think it might be faster for at least 1s, just need some more practise ;)

Finally i have driven on interlagos and beaten my time by 0.660s ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back