Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Well, guys... I had a blast! :D We had (more than) a full grid, and for most of it, it was very nice racing. These cars might not be the most refined ones of GSCE, but they are a perfect fit for this type of multiplayer events.

First race, first lap: I have been unlucky like it shouldn't be permitted. :confused: Steam reduced the game window for an update (I'm not running the Steam version of the game, so from now on I know I'll close Steam when playing). It was a miracle I did not crash into anybody, and I could get my race going again. Had a great and fair battle with @Sven-Arne Andersson, I couldn't get passed! :thumbsup:

For the second race, I first want to say that I like this "reverse grid" system. As discussed a few messages ago, it is not good if "faster" drivers show no respect, but overall, I find it to be very fun, and it redistributes the cards. :) Anyways, I got lucky and avoided most of the crashes in front of me, and soon I caught up with Mr. @Nox himself. We had a fantastic battle, as he mentionned: changing positions several times, close fights, all fair! Too bad you crashed in the last lap, but thanks for these real moments of racing. :thumbsup:

P.S.: I know @Yuri was waiting for a mistake behind us, but he will have to content himself with a fourth place, a few millimeters away from the podium ;) That was indeed a photo finish.

9719-1427835545-f206bd4958b02a6faa05c8f9de04c201.jpg

@Robin players of all speed and skill are very welcome and encouraged to join in. I prefer when people don't crash into me, but if a new person does but then waits and gives the place back it's no problem. It's much less about speed and more about courtesy and the golden rule of racing.

@Chark nice picture looks like quite the finish!

@Slalom823 I am glad this is pointed out, because from tonights's TS chatter and some posts here, I do get a little uncomfortable.
I really do not want to ruin the big boys' evening. :)

Clean Racing is all I care about right now anyway. Faster times (while keeping it clean of course) will come with experience. Heck, even setting a time next time is a personal record in GCSE online! :D :D
Hey don't take anything on teamspeak seriously, most of the thigns we say are completely random and a couple of us have a rivalry going on there. I'd never, and neither do the others on teamspeak I'm sure, discurage someone from racing regardless of the speed. Every good racer is one and if he's on teamspeak it's a big +

Also I did notice a couple times on a practice offline race the other day my car was off when placed on grid or maybe instantly stalled once on grid. I didn't do anything different that I noticed. It may just be poor luck or maybe we both did the same thing. I would definitely not be scared off and would highly recommend trying more club events most have less people, unfortunately, but are a touch less hectic.

I actually haven't been on teamspeak but hopefully will be next week. I kept thinking I would need to get headphones and a mic but I just remembered I have a mic I can plug into the 3.5mm jack and just keep using the computer speakers. Should be nice to get to chat with you guys soon.

I went from the garage to the grid.
Hadn't taken out my car during warmup. Perhaps this state is directly taken to the grid making it a car with a Dead engine?
I hadn't bound Ignition yet and couldn't figure out the key as quickly so I jumped out. With only 1m 4xsec there isn't much time before the leader comes screaming past again! :D
And frankly, I thought it was a hardware issue. Gladly it wasn't.
I'll be present again when I can for sure!

Todays event was great fun! Thanks forsecond race being right after the first without practice/qualify/warm up, I was able to compete in both scheduled races before I have to rush off to work.
Race 1, I found myself fighting for position. When I wasn't fighting, I was trying to stay consistent with an attempt to defend my position. Finished P16 and qualified P17.
Race 2, same thing, fighting and maintain my position throughout. Race 2 was very interesting. My lap times were slower than almost everyone in front of me and behind. Because I finished right smack in the middle of the field, I began the reverse grid in P 16 I think. Will have to check. I was as low as P8, avoiding others making contact with each other or making self inflicted mistakes. I the faster guys passed me nice and clean because I made a big mistake in one of the corners. @Yuri I apologize for squeezing you close to the wall, I honestly did not see you there, and I was trying to get back on the racing line. As soon as I noticed you, I pulled to the far right and you were able to get by me. I tried to stay consistent for as long as I could, but I made a few mental errors. But really good battles out there, perfect car/track combo along with fantastic grid numbers.
I had one driver hit me from behind on race one, no worries, I was having trouble breaking because before this incident from earlier in the race, I was driving with damage due to someone lossing control and ended up sitting sideways in the middle of the track, no where for me to go, but I made it out alive... limping a bit.... but alive. No pit stop, kept it moving!

Thank you all, congrats to podium finishers and to all who participated. Thank you Nox for all you do!!!!

Todays event was great fun! Thanks for the races being one right after the other without practice/qualify/warm up, I was able to compete in both scheduled races before I have to rush off to work.
Race 1 was, I found myself fighting for position. When I wasn't fighting, I was trying to stay consistent with an attempt to defend my position. Finished P16 and qualified P17.
Race 2, same thing, fighting and maintain my position throughout. Race 2 was very interesting. My lap times were slower than almost everyone in front of me and behind. Because I finished right smack in the middle of the field, I began the reverse grid in P 16 I think. Will have to check. I was as low as P8, avoiding others making contact with each other or making self inflicted mistakes. I the faster guys passed me nice and clean because I made a big mistake in one of the corners. @Yuri I apologize for squeezing you close to the wall, I honestly did not see you there, and I was trying to get back on the racing line. As soon as I noticed you, I pulled to the far right and you were able to get by me. I tried to stay consistent for as long as I could, but I made a few mental errors. But really good battles out there, perfect car/track combo along with fantastic grid numbers.
I had one driver hit me from behind on race one, no worries, I was having trouble breaking because before this incident from earlier in the race, I was driving with damage due to someone lossing control and ended up sitting sideways in the middle of the track, no where for me to go, but I made it out alive... limping a bit.... but alive. No pit stop, kept it moving!

Thank you all, congrats to podium finishers and to all who participated. Thank you Nox for all you do!!!!
No problem I don't remember anyone putting me in the wall so it can't have been bad ;D

The race was very good with some problems but enjoy a lot, my apologise for skeak during the quali, but I just did because i was disqualified after 3 laps and I didn't know why. To be honest I didn't read the rules sorry about that. I always try to be as clean as possible on track. So I think the events are very good organized and I'd like runing the next. See ya next time.

@Slalom823 I am glad this is pointed out, because from tonights's TS chatter and some posts here, I do get a little uncomfortable.
I really do not want to ruin the big boys' evening. :)

Clean Racing is all I care about right now anyway. Faster times (while keeping it clean of course) will come with experience. Heck, even setting a time next time is a personal record in GCSE online! :D :D
Sometimes, even myself, get a little excited in the heat of the moment but it usually passes quickly. The "big boys" will get frustrated one minute, then help you with advice in the next. You won't regret it this a fun club. With really fast guys. LOL

I have some questions about teamspeak. Are people normally talking throughout the race or just a little here and there to keep things clean, coordinate passing etc? Can you speak with just select people or does everyone hear everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back