Virtual Racing School Questions......

While I enjoy my sim racing a lot It's clear to me that I need some serious coaching. So, I'm thinking of trying iRacing's Virtual Racing School (VRS).

1. Has anyone tried it? Was it worthwhile for you?
2. I wanted to try the free VRS demo, but it asks me to login with either my Facebook or Google credentials. Unfortunately, I have neither and don't really want to sign up for either of them. Is that the only way to access VRS or is there a more direct way?
3. After the free demo, what are the $$$ rates for VRS?

Thanks!

I've tried it, the information you get from them is excellent + the tunes and it will definitely help an average racer get faster.

Not sure about the login.
Prices vary from monthly to yearly.
$4.99 a month or $49.99 for a yr dedicated racer.

$9.99 a month or a $100 yr for competitive

The truth....it's another cost to an already expensive title.
The question you have to ask your self is....
Am I gonna be dedicated to iracing and do I want to improve?
If you can answer yes to both than it's worth it.
If you answer no to one of them and purchase it anyways you'll probably get pissed down the line due to the overall cost of the title.

I did a one time purchase of the competitive for $9.99 near the end of a season and dl every tune I could for every car I had lol

The tunes really improved the overall feel and handling for the base tunes.....you still have to learn how to drive them :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, David!

I would like to give VRS a try by playing a bit with the free version first - However, I'm a bit confused.

Is there a set of step-by-step instructions (or video) on how to analyze one of my laps vs, say, a datapack lap? All I've been able to do is select my lap and a datapack lap and list them side-by-side ---- but then what? Any "analysis" I see is just telemetry of my lap. I have not seen any comparison against a datapack lap, and can't figure out how to do that.

If I get a good taste of the free version's basic capabilities, I'm willing to sign up for the "dedicated" level, but I need to get a taste of what it'll do for me before committing to it.

Can you help me out?

I can't remember exactly everything that comes with the package and how it's works....but from memory....
Vrs runs in the background analyzing your laps.
The data pack free version will give you access to 1 data pack with a tune and an onboard detailed lap of the track for visual reference.
After you've run a few laps you can bring up an overlay of your lap to compare against a pros.

The info will show your line, braking points, coasting and throttle inputs....the goal is to match the pros inputs, line and braking points.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back