Virtual Mirror Vertical Offset

Just a quick post to share something I discovered recently. I couldn't find anything about this anywhere, so thought it might be useful for others.

I run a 32:9 monitor (Samsung G9) and have been experimenting with triple monitor mode Vs single mode with projection correction. Annoyingly, when I run high levels of protection correction, the virtual mirror falls off the top of the screen.

It turns out that the hud config file (in Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione), has a line for "virtual mirror vertical offset". Setting this to about 5 brings the mirror back down to a visible position for me with Fov 34 and projection correction 0.7.

Oh my god! In the same file I found the line to resize the virtual mirror. Because of my FOV of 27 using the Ferrari was always troublesome because I couldn't see the in car mirror correctly, and using the virtual mirror took way too much of my screen. You can resize the virtual mirror by adjusting the "virtualMirrorSize": option. I took it down from 0.15 to 0.12 and it makes all the difference!

Just a quick post to share something I discovered recently. I couldn't find anything about this anywhere, so thought it might be useful for others.

I run a 32:9 monitor (Samsung G9) and have been experimenting with triple monitor mode Vs single mode with projection correction. Annoyingly, when I run high levels of protection correction, the virtual mirror falls off the top of the screen.

It turns out that the hud config file (in Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione), has a line for "virtual mirror vertical offset". Setting this to about 5 brings the mirror back down to a visible position for me with Fov 34 and projection correction 0.7.
My Hud file in the Config folder only has one line for the vertical mirror on or off... any idea why mine wouldn't show the other two lines with size and vertical offset?

My virtual mirror appears in the middle of the screen so I have tried to add that comand line , because it does not appear in the document but it does not work for me and no options for moving the virtual mirror in a 2 year old game is shameful

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%