Virtual mirror doesn't appear using Oculus Rift

Before using Oculus Rift the virtual mirror worked. Now it doesn't appear any more, I already tried to change the [VIRTUAL_MIRROR] ACTIVE = 1 in the folder cfg, already tried to press F11 but I didn't have success. Another thing that doesn't work is the names of the drivers on top of the car.
Anyone know how I make it work?

The angle of view of the Oculus is almost the same as a screen
Yes true almost the same if your head is in restrained in a vice, if not and assuming your neck is in working order you should have easily 180 degree of "angle of view" and be able to see both side mirrors and the center mirror.
do you also have one of those in your real car, that would explain a lot.:D
74978_1000x1000.jpg

The problem is that to see the side mirrors I have to turn my head to the side (+ -80 °). I'm going to test the CM, but it would be better if I had the option of turning on the virtual mirror using the Rift.
Another problem I have is not to show the names of the drivers on top of the cars, I already went in the cfg folder, I already pressed crl + L (or alt + L) and it does not work ...

Why on earth would you want a virtual mirror in VR?

While I support this comment, I will admit that there have been times in races that I wished I had the virtual mirror. Sure, it's not realistic, but I feel my situational awareness would be a bit better with the virtual mirror and in a serious online race situational awareness is very important. Plus, some cars in AC either have obstructed views of the mirrors or have no rearview mirror at all. While some do have the camera system, I know there's at least a couple that have no rearview mirror and no camera and mostly useless side mirrors so it's very difficult to know what's happening around you. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is a Lambo race car, I had to withdraw from a club race here once because I could not tell where people were around me and didn't want to ruin anyone's race.

While I support this comment, I will admit that there have been times in races that I wished I had the virtual mirror. Sure, it's not realistic, but I feel my situational awareness would be a bit better with the virtual mirror and in a serious online race situational awareness is very important. Plus, some cars in AC either have obstructed views of the mirrors or have no rearview mirror at all. While some do have the camera system, I know there's at least a couple that have no rearview mirror and no camera and mostly useless side mirrors so it's very difficult to know what's happening around you. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is a Lambo race car, I had to withdraw from a club race here once because I could not tell where people were around me and didn't want to ruin anyone's race.
Have you tried Crew Chief? I can't race without it. The spotter is superb.

The problem is that to see the side mirrors I have to turn my head to the side (+ -80 °).

I'd have thought that would be be more accurately described as a "feature."

The immersion of having to check your mirrors was the entire point of the Rift to me. If you aren't going to turn your head, why even bother with a rift?

In any case, as mentioned the virtual mirror does not work in VR, period. I'd recommend getting the Helicorsa app and/or the spotter app. They will help you with close racing.

Coincidentally, it looks like ACC has something nearly identical to Helicorsa built into it, which is neat. I quite like the app and find it very useful.

There is one very legit reason for wanting virtual mirror in VR - performance. In many cars that would mean having 1 mirror instead of 3 and mirrors eat up framerate substantially.

In addition to virtual mirror, should have the ability to control how many mirrors are enabled, iracing style.

Because, in real life the human field of view is more than 200°; then to look at right mirror the head movement is much less than a 90° FoV in VR movement.
Because, in real life somtimes you just want to take a look on the central mirror and in VR sometimes you will see not a lot on that mirror.
Because, in real life somtimes, not everyone is used to driving at 300 km/h in a pack and a little more visual comfort can be useful to avoid a strike.
Because, in real life, I will always wonder what might disturb you in the wish we can express.
And in the end, VR & simulator aren’t real life, it seems !

Last edited:
So you can use apps like Helicorsa / Car Radar, and you can press a button to look back but you shouldn't be able to use the virtual mirror in VR? Are you kidding me?

One could also say all apps should be disabled in VR because you should be able to get all the info from the steering wheel as in real life.

If it's allowed on monitors it should be allowed in VR too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 109 13.4%