Virtual mirror doesn't appear using Oculus Rift

Before using Oculus Rift the virtual mirror worked. Now it doesn't appear any more, I already tried to change the [VIRTUAL_MIRROR] ACTIVE = 1 in the folder cfg, already tried to press F11 but I didn't have success. Another thing that doesn't work is the names of the drivers on top of the car.
Anyone know how I make it work?

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
The angle of view of the Oculus is almost the same as a screen
Yes true almost the same if your head is in restrained in a vice, if not and assuming your neck is in working order you should have easily 180 degree of "angle of view" and be able to see both side mirrors and the center mirror.
do you also have one of those in your real car, that would explain a lot.:D
74978_1000x1000.jpg

The problem is that to see the side mirrors I have to turn my head to the side (+ -80 °). I'm going to test the CM, but it would be better if I had the option of turning on the virtual mirror using the Rift.
Another problem I have is not to show the names of the drivers on top of the cars, I already went in the cfg folder, I already pressed crl + L (or alt + L) and it does not work ...

Brandon Wright

I may not be fast, but I'm wide!
Why on earth would you want a virtual mirror in VR?

While I support this comment, I will admit that there have been times in races that I wished I had the virtual mirror. Sure, it's not realistic, but I feel my situational awareness would be a bit better with the virtual mirror and in a serious online race situational awareness is very important. Plus, some cars in AC either have obstructed views of the mirrors or have no rearview mirror at all. While some do have the camera system, I know there's at least a couple that have no rearview mirror and no camera and mostly useless side mirrors so it's very difficult to know what's happening around you. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is a Lambo race car, I had to withdraw from a club race here once because I could not tell where people were around me and didn't want to ruin anyone's race.

Mascot

Premium
While I support this comment, I will admit that there have been times in races that I wished I had the virtual mirror. Sure, it's not realistic, but I feel my situational awareness would be a bit better with the virtual mirror and in a serious online race situational awareness is very important. Plus, some cars in AC either have obstructed views of the mirrors or have no rearview mirror at all. While some do have the camera system, I know there's at least a couple that have no rearview mirror and no camera and mostly useless side mirrors so it's very difficult to know what's happening around you. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is a Lambo race car, I had to withdraw from a club race here once because I could not tell where people were around me and didn't want to ruin anyone's race.
Have you tried Crew Chief? I can't race without it. The spotter is superb.

The problem is that to see the side mirrors I have to turn my head to the side (+ -80 °).

I'd have thought that would be be more accurately described as a "feature."

The immersion of having to check your mirrors was the entire point of the Rift to me. If you aren't going to turn your head, why even bother with a rift?

In any case, as mentioned the virtual mirror does not work in VR, period. I'd recommend getting the Helicorsa app and/or the spotter app. They will help you with close racing.

Coincidentally, it looks like ACC has something nearly identical to Helicorsa built into it, which is neat. I quite like the app and find it very useful.

There is one very legit reason for wanting virtual mirror in VR - performance. In many cars that would mean having 1 mirror instead of 3 and mirrors eat up framerate substantially.

In addition to virtual mirror, should have the ability to control how many mirrors are enabled, iracing style.

RaceDepartment Store

Bucket seat brackets set made of aluminium 4 mm plate. Has a wide range so every seat will fit. They are mounted with 4x M8 bolts on 40, 45 or 1.5" profile, or directly onto the seat slider. Finished in black powder coating. set contains a left and right version. Buy now from...
The Podium Kill Switch is designed for use with all Podium Series Direct Drive wheel bases. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 99,95 Features Brushed aluminium Emergency Stop button instantly cuts power to any connected Podium Series wheel base. Dedicated power button to remotely turn on (and...
Take your racing experience to new levels of comfort and upgrade your Classic Wheel Stand with our Rear Seat Frame. Fully compatible with any of our Racing Seats and supports most aftermarket seats. Easy to build and attach to the Classic wheel stand, you'll be race ready in minutes! Buy now...
The new version of the single monitor stand allows you to adjust your screen/TV according to your preferences and is perfect to achieve a sleek and designed look for your cockpit. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 249,00 Features Mount a monitor up to 40 " directly onto your cockpit thanks to...
Use the ClubSport Handbrake Clamp Adapter in combination with a ClubSport Shifter Table Clamp (not included) to mount the ClubSport Handbrake to a table vertically or horizontally. The hole pattern and the slotted holes provide adjustability for your preferences. Buy now from Fanatec.com for...
RaceDepartment
Views
Reaction score
F33L Sim Gloves are lightweight in design, allowing the hands to breathe whilst providing flexibility, enhanced feel, and tactility. These ergonomically designed gloves incorporate a rubber grip design feature to reduce hand fatigue and strain, for greater use of high-end FFB, whilst still...