(Virtual LAN) Dedicated Server

Hi all,

I am currently playing a little bit around (interesting with what one can kill the time when the wife is out *lol*) and am wondering when you try to connect to a LAN game, does is search for Dedicated Servers in the LAN. Do the IP addresses need to fulfill certain requirements?

Currently my PC is on 192.168.178.xyz I have a virtual machine running (that I can reach through virtual adapters) on 10.0.2.xyz, but the game does not find the Server. The server is configured as LAN game. When I define it as Internet server it appears in the Lobby.

Any idea? (The internet server is not an option for various reasons, one is I am behind a proxy, I just dont want to think about the NAT rules).

Thanks!

I would guess that when the game searches the LAN for servers, it broadcasts on a certain UDP port and waits for responses. Unfortunately broadcasts are restricted to the local subnet so your server on 10.x.x.x will never see them. If it was on 192.168.178.x, it would.

I would guess that when the game searches the LAN for servers, it broadcasts on a certain UDP port and waits for responses. Unfortunately broadcasts are restricted to the local subnet so your server on 10.x.x.x will never see them. If it was on 192.168.178.x, it would.
Thanks, something like that I was assuming... need to look into reconfiguring the IP :)

Router ports that must be open for LAN:

TCP+UDP 48942 - 48957 and UDP 48958-48973

For internet:

TCP+UDP 48942 – 48957 and UDP 26900-26907

I find it's best to open them all, even if you're just doing LAN. Just set the server settings to LAN, but open all ports on the router.

OK, I got working what I wanted, but....

The only way so far is, defining the Server as an internet server, opening the ports and forward them to the IP of the server. I can connect through the general lobby and get very low pings (so seems it is really internal 10ms).

But I would have expected that I could define a LAN server (as this is also an option on the Dedicated Server) and find it in game through the LAN Game option. But that I did not manage :(.

Anyway...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing