Virtual DUI

I've found that my laptimes while racing virtually do not fluctuate that much between being sober and a little bit wasted. In fact I have posted some of my best times while under the influence. How about you?

Alcohol doesn't really have that effect of improvment on reflexes, concentration and so on that other drugs have (although hallucinations and driving are not very well combined either) so I think it is highly unlikley that anyone could have better laptimes whilst beeing drunk than when they're sober. If you do manage to get better while drunk, trying doing it while you're sober and see if it gets even better.
Although perhaps it could feel like you need less practice when you drive drunk because it might be easier to forget about how time is passing... :p

Alcohol doesn't really have that effect of improvment on reflexes, concentration and so on that other drugs have (although hallucinations and driving are not very well combined either) so I think it is highly unlikley that anyone could have better laptimes whilst beeing drunk than when they're sober. If you do manage to get better while drunk, trying doing it while you're sober and see if it gets even better.
Although perhaps it could feel like you need less practice when you drive drunk because it might be easier to forget about how time is passing... :p

I would maybe disagree to an extent, a pint or two can sometimes help to relax you and make you less tense which can improve driving. I used to find when I played snooker I hit my peak after 2 pints then it goes downhill very quickly, but I was still better at that peak than if I hadn't had a drink at all.

Not sure how to vote on this one.

Qually/Flying laps - I find being drunk ruins one off quick laps. Just can't hook um up. Can't find the limit.

Long races - I actually become more consistant and make less mistakes. I guess i relax more. I'm definately not faster, just less prone to leave the track lol

I usually drink Beer, Wine, Tequila or Gin and find that as posted above, I don't see much difference in Qualifying. But, in a race, you know when you have shot from mid field to top 5 and your heart starts to beat that little faster and you think to yourself, "it's all good, calm down..." Well I do settle in nicely with a drink under my belt... I also stress less if bumped off line and catch some sand, I bounce back in to the grove faster...

Now, I'm talking 1 or 2 drinks (spirits), not a bottle or two :)

I do improve in flight sims for sure...

Now, I'm talking 1 or 2 drinks (spirits), not a bottle or two :)

yep, same here, I have about half a glass of red wine before race and try to sip a little in the 90 min races while on a straight (best one: Nordschleife :) ), but never ever more than one glass. It helps to relax and find a good solid rhythm, just what a little alc usually does. On our Blue Flag forum we even have a thread "drink before and after race" :)

• Andrew Evans

i reckon a coupla drinks definitely brings an edge... but for proper performance enhancement, get yourself a little herbal refreshment... combine both for party mode! :party2:

however, an endurance race at le mans and the mulsanne straight is just an invitation to train wreck.... :fwd:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%