Virtua_LM Le Mans mulsanne problem

Hi,
So I have the magnificent Le Mans 1977 & 79 from Virtua_LM, and there is a small problem at the Mulsanne corner, some of the cars crash.
Some cars brake and turn like they should, and some Lock up the brakes and crash into the wall.
Does anybody know what the problem might be?
Thanks in advance

Haha! You must be talking about the terrible drivers in the AI cars :).
They can handle "normal" conditions but fail miserably when presented with odd combo's like a long straight ending and fast oval tracks as well as many other seemingly simple problems.

Great track though!

I never use AI, racing online is for me. If not online maybe some time attack or a quick run before a server goes up but never with AI.

Enough has been written about the poor AI, it's variability and poor decision making and that's about all I can tell you. I did use them to try some cars on a super speedway and it was hilarious to watch them slow to 2nd gear and crash on a banked oval with "corners" that should be taken at +200kph.

You should try some club racing ;)

Hi Dennis, I am already racing in a club, but when I want to race in LAN mode with my son we are racing against AI.

Racing against real people in a club is far more realistic and has much more close wheel to wheel racing. But we have done a lot of different modifications to our mods and tracks, and it can be very difficult to get the modifications synced with other people.

What makes the corner crash weird is that it is only some of the cars that do it; in the GTL mod the 3.2L BMW CSL doesn't crash, but the 3.5L CSL does. Even with the original non modified mod it is still only the "big" BMW that crashes in that particular corner. That made me think that it might be the track that's the problem, but then again why would only some of the cars do it? I have also tried it with the original WTCC 2007 cars and they don't do it either. I have also tried it on another Le Mans track (2004), on that version there is a right kink just before the Mulsanne corner, and none of the cars, modified or not, crash at that corner.

I just find it hard to believe that a game with such an important focus on the AI, has such a major problem when it comes to certain corners.

Anyway, thank your for the reply Dennis.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%