Dear mates,

After the permission, we are working on the conversion of some old cars from Virtua LM to rfactor2! We still have a lot of work to do, starting with DX11 compatibility! We have working on Jaguar XJR-12, porting all stuffs to rfactor 2. Following we'll have other cars from that package, such as XJR-14,Porsche Kremer, Brun C91, and so on! We are planing also to convert some IMSA cars, such as Nissan R92CP and Toyota Eagle MkIII.

We made some improvements on skins and models, and we hope we can share a primary version to you soon!

20181204195017_1.jpg
20181204194859_1.jpg
20181204195238_1.jpg
20181201022003_1.jpg

You can see the video of Beta 0.46 here:

Attachments

• 20181206205349_1.jpg
    20181206205349_1.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 367
Fanastic rvieira!
These Group C cars such as the Jaquar XJR12 are true racing vehicles from a era which I believe was forcibly brought to a premature close due to it's popularity over and above F1!

Racing these in rF2 at the old le Mans circuit will give everyone, young and old an idea what it is like to travel at 360km/h down the Mulsanne.....

Thank You for making it now possible!

• Deleted member 503495

@rvieira do you need help with finding car specs and other details? Apex Modding mentioned an interest in doing a Group C mod and they should be able to help find numbers. mclarenf1papa from these forums should also have data on a few of those. I am a massive fan of those cars, more from the mid and late 1980s before the rule changes and would volunteer to assist in that area as well as testing.

For the development of the mod you should reach out to SlowMotion on the rF2 forums. He works with redapg and they could be key in the quality of this mod. Mak's Group C cars were nowhere near a good parameter for BoP but dbaldi seems to have continued working despite not having the group's support. Involving those three, especially the first two if they're interested and available, is the best recipe for quality.

Best of luck :thumbsup:.

• Deleted member 503495

Any plan to add from the latest mod too? I meam the mod from rfactor.. quilty of the models and textures are way better amd the port shouldnt bw too hard..

They are completely different periods. They already have their hands full to greatly rework the models and redo the textures at 2 or 4 times the original resolution.

@rvieira do you need help with finding car specs and other details? Apex Modding mentioned an interest in doing a Group C mod and they should be able to help find numbers. mclarenf1papa from these forums should also have data on a few of those. I am a massive fan of those cars, more from the mid and late 1980s before the rule changes and would volunteer to assist in that area as well as testing.

For the development of the mod you should reach out to SlowMotion on the rF2 forums. He works with redapg and they could be key in the quality of this mod. Mak's Group C cars were nowhere near a good parameter for BoP but dbaldi seems to have continued working despite not having the group's support. Involving those three, especially the first two if they're interested and available, is the best recipe for quality.

Best of luck :thumbsup:.
Hi GPL, thanks for your message! I'll looking for them! We are planning to create a rational BOP to be used as a League Mod, but we are not concerned about physics right now! We are working on 3D Models, shaders and skins. I'll be great to share some information with mclarenf1papa, or Apex Modding, or even SlowMotion. Thank you!!

The online tool of redapg is fantastic and we have used to convert one engine, to make the cars functional! We are keeping walking!!

New captures from R91CP, still on LowRes skin!!
20181211210304_1.jpg
20181211210332_1.jpg

When you said Virtua LM, does that also include the 1976-86 cars and GTX5 that seemed to have sunk without trace (never knew what happened to it since I'm a late starter)

On the positive side, it gives me a reason to stay in sim racing, let alone rF2, since I had considered quitting the hobby entirely

When you said Virtua LM, does that also include the 1976-86 cars and GTX5 that seemed to have sunk without trace (never knew what happened to it since I'm a late starter)

On the positive side, it gives me a reason to stay in sim racing, let alone rF2, since I had considered quitting the hobby entirely

Hi Zuffenhausen, sorry for disappoint you, :( but at this moment we are only working on 90's Group C cars. It's a fantastic idea get that cars alive on rf2, however we have to talk to V-LM guys first!!

Anyway, we have a lot of work for now, around 12 cars to convert, and I hope you don't quit before our release! We are really working to have a good mod at the end!

Stay tunned!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing