Virgin Australia Shambles Championship *SPOILERS*

Now I'm a big BIG fan of this Series, I've been lucky enough too of been to 4 Events in 2 years on the other side of the globe, I can count on one hand the number of Races I've missed since I first saw Ingall standing half out the car doing donuts on TV when he won the Championship in 2005 (...and ironically I was in Aus for two of those races I missed...go figure!) and even after this years Parity nonsense which has soured the Series a great deal and the downward trend of the Series as a whole these past few years, I still love it to bits and catch every Qually, Race and the occasional Practice Session too.

But nothing, NOTHING can defend the utter shitshow on offer in Race 2 from two parties:

1 - Whincup, a man who once cooked me breakfast at Bathurst (true story!), knows that under NO circumstances do you pass the Safety Car unless specifically instructed to do so, ESPECIALLY not a SECOND time since he did the same at Bathurst a while back(!!!). No matter if he thought he shouldn't be there he should simply WAIT, but no, off he goes thinking he makes the Rules, he should've got a Double PLP, moron.

2 - That in turn causes Race Control to completely lose concentration and they screw up what should of been a fairly straight forward procedure, by completely failing to pickup the CORRECT leader of the Race and hand Scotty Mc an undeserved Win which he should've been nowhere near getting. Meanwhile the guys who were up the front are now punted down the back, the correct leader is god knows where and Simona is on course for a bloody TOP TEN for crying out loud (she has deserved one but not in this scenario).

Overall an absolute shambles, a disgrace and for the Race Stewards to come out afterwards and DEFEND what they did and say they got it correct is mind boggling........just......what?!?

/Rant

P.S. Of course I'll be staying up all night for Bathurst next month, my faith has been severely dented but I'll never fall totally out of love with this Series :)

I've just read the race report on motorsport.com and it does sound like an almighty cock up. I have never understood why pitstops are allowed to happen under a safety car :O_o: (in any series, not just V8SC). The whole outcome of a race can be decided on luck rather than skill and strategy.

That is the simplest option to Close Pit Lane so it can be sorted accordingly, which may lead to other issues (perhaps more double-stacking which can be dangerous).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back