VIR AI issues

I've been doing some races on VIR and the AI has a habit of flipping in the first sector coming out of the tight right hander into the chicane before the bridge. They hit the inside or outside curb and spin. Are there any ways to tweak the racing lines or AI to get them to chill out here and stop flipping and spinning!

I've been doing some races on VIR and the AI has a habit of flipping in the first sector coming out of the tight right hander into the chicane before the bridge. They hit the inside or outside curb and spin. Are there any ways to tweak the racing lines or AI to get them to chill out here and stop flipping and spinning!

You'll have to be specific about which cars are doing this. It isn't all of them.

I've definitely seen this behavior at VIR. With the recently released GTPC mod the AI prototype cars will indeed spin or completely flip over on a relatively consistent basis. With the AJRs and one of the Caterham models I find that AI the cars won't necessarily flip or spin but they will bounce their inside wheels so high in the air that they have to slow way down to recover. This obviously makes them uncompetitive if not outright obstacles you need to avoid.

The mod needs to be adjusted so the AI physics handle the curbs better - since AI suspension physics are simplified vs the player, hitting high curbs with a lateral load may cause the AI to tip off if their suspension values are not appropriate.

Look out for the following values in the GENERAL section vehice´s HDV, softerning them might reduce tipping:
AIEvenSuspension=1.0
AISpringRate=1
AIDamperSlow=0.8
AIDamperFast=0.8

A couple of "hack" values that can possibly fix the issue, also in the HDV general section:
AITorqueStab=(1.0,1.0,1.0)

The 3rd value adds a torque adjustment on the roll axis of the AI cars, setting that to 1.25or so may help keep them stable.

Finally the simplest solution and possibly one with least side effects is to set the AI center of gravity height to 10% or so lower than the player, ex:
CGHeight=0.372
CGHeightAI=0.342

Renato,

Quick question, lowering the centre of gravity will make the cars handle better? I'm used to adjusting downforce levels in the HDV files, along with a few other parameters in the tbc and engine files, I never really knew what the CG entry was, if that's the case that's brilliant for what I'm working on now!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%