Viper SRT 10 lap times

R

rafa28

• rafa28

Hi,

What are your lap times in the Viper SRT 10(Street, no aids except clutch)? I've read people claiming this car to be undriveable. I think it's a very hard one to tame on the limit, but not undriveable.

My best lap times(The ones i remember right now): Zandvoort 07 - 1:53.3
Nordschleife - 7:46.x Oschersleben 07 - 1:40.2

PS: As for my setup, i only foward the brakes about 4 clicks and empy out the tank leaving enough for 6 laps.

• rafa28

I've managed to get it around Valencia. But only with great difficulty! :D The laptime was somewhere in the 1-minute-30s.

A very hard car to drive, yes, but when you manage to, it's very rewarding. :good:

Hi there,

Are you sure this has been done on the GP Valencia course?? Because i've done a 1:44.8 and was about 1.5 secs or so ahead of the best AI car(AI maxed out at 105%). So you get an idea, the WTCC cars lap it at around 1:40.xx. Maybe you're referring to some of Valencia's smaller layouts, couldn't that be it?
PLease let me know whether it's the case, and if it WAS on the GP track, please, post a replay.

Cheers!

Hi there,

Are you sure this has been done on the GP Valencia course?? Because i've done a 1:44.8 and was about 1.5 secs or so ahead of the best AI car(AI maxed out at 105%). So you get an idea, the WTCC cars lap it at around 1:40.xx. Maybe you're referring to some of Valencia's smaller layouts, couldn't that be it?
PLease let me know whether it's the case, and if it WAS on the GP track, please, post a replay.

Cheers!

...oops. MAJOR TYPO ALERT!!! :shocked: You're right, it was in the 1:40s. And it was the GP Circuit. Sorry if I confused you. :quiet: Also, I'm going into Evo now to try and repeat the lap with the Viper. I'll post the replay ASAP. :good:

• rafa28

Okie-Dokie. Below is my pitiful attempt at even trying to get close to your time, captured on camera for your enjoyment. :p

View attachment 7899

Uh, what do i need in order to see the video? Is there a converter or something? Could you convert it to .mpeg, .avi or something similar? Could you also post the actual replay file please? And what was the lap time????? I'm so curious, i don't care if it's 5 secs off mine, just need to know, it's so difficult to find people actually trying out the Viper for any longer than 2 laps or so...

Thank you already!

Rafael

i gave it a whirl round nurburg gp earlier in hotlap server. its difficult. hard to set up really because with being so lively its quite hard to make head or tail of the subtle changes, also not know the cars true limit doesnt help on that front. on a hapier note i could sit and listen to it all day long

• rafa28

i gave it a whirl round nurburg gp earlier in hotlap server. its difficult. hard to set up really because with being so lively its quite hard to make head or tail of the subtle changes, also not know the cars true limit doesnt help on that front. on a hapier note i could sit and listen to it all day long

The truth is it is a handful most of the time. It takes a LOT of sensibility in order to drive it on the limit(or simply to keep it on track). But that's exactly why it's such a rewarding experience once you've tamed it.

Uh, what do i need in order to see the video? Is there a converter or something? Could you convert it to .mpeg, .avi or something similar? Could you also post the actual replay file please? And what was the lap time????? I'm so curious, i don't care if it's 5 secs off mine, just need to know, it's so difficult to find people actually trying out the Viper for any longer than 2 laps or so...

Thank you already!

Rafael

Rafael, that is the actual replay file. Just download it and put it in your REPLAYDATA folder. Then, go in-game and you should see "viper hot lap" in your replay theatre. :) Also, the lap time was about a 1:47.

• rafa28

Rafael, that is the actual replay file. Just download it and put it in your REPLAYDATA folder. Then, go in-game and you should see "viper hot lap" in your replay theatre. :) Also, the lap time was about a 1:47.

Hi there Rhys,

LOL, I swear to God i thought of that possibility(the file being the actual replay) for a second but that was it, LOL. Well, after 'analizing' your replay, i've come to a conclusion. You're line is very good, your braking point is not that bad also. There's one thing though, getting in the way of a much better lap i KNOW you could do on Valencia or anywhere else with the Viper. With this car, you have to really slide through the turns, start accelerating as soon as possible and 4-wheel slide the car throughout the turn. That's it's secret.

This here, is my replay at Valencia so you have an idea what i'm all about.

Good Luck!

Attachments

• Valencia 07_Viper SRT 1 44 678.Vcr
    207.7 KB · Views: 300
The truth is it is a handful most of the time. It takes a LOT of sensibility in order to drive it on the limit(or simply to keep it on track). But that's exactly why it's such a rewarding experience once you've tamed it.

Some good tweaks on the setups make this car pretty good driveable to be honest. It's not the easiest but definitly not the hardest car to drive.

Could drive it pretty good around the nordschleife, good fun.

• rafa28

Some good tweaks on the setups make this car pretty good driveable to be honest. It's not the easiest but definitly not the hardest car to drive.

Could drive it pretty good around the nordschleife, good fun.

I've never gone any farther than fowarding the brakes about 5 clicks or so and leaving gas enough in the tank from 4 to 6 laps. I could use a good setup though. I just wouldn't like to see this car become an Audi R8 in terms of stability because that would ruin all of the fun.

This is my replay at the Norschleife:

Attachments

• Nordschleife_Viper SRT 7 46 155.Vcr
    239.2 KB · Views: 289

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back