RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Some good fun again.
Quali: Made a stupid mistake and downshifted 2 gears at once. Thus spinning the car on my hotlap. P15 start for me.

Race: The track was super difficult to overtake on. I made a touch on someone, cant remeber exactly who. Thankfully it was light and no apparent damage. Made up some places where possible and ended 5th. It could have been so much more if i had a better qualy.

Thanks again to the staff and wd all
:)

Qualify: 2nd with 1.11.1 and 10 liters fuel.

Race: Had a bad start, sorry to James for blocking you. At the end of lap 1 I was following Nico and Niklas, but then suddenly Nico got a minidump, so only Niklas was in front of me. 20 laps long we had a very good battle, but then I had to pit. The pitstop went well, but Niklas had an incident when he pitted 1 lap later. So I was up front, with a very big gap to position 2, and I won the race.
I really liked the track in combination with the F3000 cars, thanks to Eric for organizing this, and see you all next time!

Qualy: 4th with a 1:11.7xx i think

Race: Got a good start and tried to get around Patrick - i messed that up and hit him which dropped me down a few places. This gave me the chance to have some good little battles with people and i moved up the field, up to 4th behind Marcel. Niklas had an incident coming out of the pits and thanks to others pitting i found myself in the lead. I kept the lead for about 10 laps until lap 30 when i worked out that i couldn't make it on one tank so i had to pit. I put 15L of fuel in and changed all the tyres which gave me a great car in the closing stages. This enabled me to set a my quickest lap in the race with a 1:11.9xx - a few laps at this pace allowed me to catch up and pass Macel. This put me in 2nd place and i just drove to the end at a similar pace to ensure i had a good margin back to 3rd. No chance of catching Patrick at all, well done to him for driving a great race.

Patrick, don't worry about the start, i thought i may be able to get around you on the right side, that didn't work so i hit the back of your car, i lifted off then which lost me a few places, but it wasn't your fault at all.

:woot:

Had a blast as usual with these cars, great track too.
Quallied 6th with a PB of 1:11.9

Race was a bit uneventfull but had a lot of fun lapping people :laugh2:
Started 6th, but was fifth in T4.
Then Nico minidumped and Pierre spun off, made me third.
Niklas and Patrick were way out of my league so i settled down.
Then i pitted, only took fuel no tyres, and came back on track in 7th position.
After all except james did their stops i was once againn third and that is where i finished.

Thanks Eric and RD for setting it up
I'll see you all next time.

Really fun cars and a great track to drive!
Braked really early (used to wtcc car crashes in T1) and left the others somewhat behind... Had a blast during the first 23 laps, didnt spin or hit anyone i think. If i did i apologise big time! After the pit stop where i changed the front tires and filled the car up with new fuel i made a couple of nice laps, beeing placed 5 i think. But then i spun, and spun again, and took Timothy with me once (Sorry!), then i spun again, and again... Broke the suspension and front aerodynamics in one minor crash, fixed it and got out on last place :( Kept spinning until i got fed up with it and figured i wouldnt lose another place if i changed all the wheels again. And it worked! Finually i could keep my car on the track and driving past a couple of drivers but i also got a lot of blue flags :p In the end of the race i was 20 something seconds behind Jean Michel and had only driven 35 laps :(
Not a fantastic day, but it sure was fun!

Well i had some fun even though it was my worst race performance ever. Was 0,5 seconds off my pace and generally drove poorly compared to what i did on practise.

Anyway it all started well unfortunatly Nico dissapeared after 1 lap but i had a great fight with Patrick for about 20 laps. I was frustrated that i was not driving how i would have liked but i was having loads of fun fighting Partick. He pitted 1 lap earlier then me and i knew that he might overtake me unless i get a good lap so i tried to push and pitted the next lap. When i came out i saw patrick exiting final corner and i'm pretty sure that with the extra speed carried from coming out of the pits i would have overtoke him on the straight but i had a guy infront of me and he almost stopped right before last corner to aviod hitting patrick. So unfortunatly i hit him from behind and lost my front wing and had to pit again the next lap.(I don't blame whoever i hit, not angry) While i was driving i had to try and take away all the fuel in the "pit screen" so i would not refuel again and i think i was in the way of some driver trying to get by, sorry for that. When i got out of the pits i was dead last and lapped by everyone :)... Anyway i continued to try and atleast improve my so far poor performance but i never really found it. Had some fun fighting my way back unlapping my self. So though very dissapoijnted of my lack of performance i still had fun. God it would have been great to continue the fight with patrick! Next time....

Congratulations to the podiums! And Patrick you where surprisingly fast today, well done :)

Btw in the last few laps my alarm went off on my phone besides my bed. And it was really annoying because it never stopped and was very loud so finally i decided to park the car off race line on a straight, get off my chair and go shut the alarm off. It was a little stressful :)

Again congrats to all finishers! See you next time!

Qualified in 7’th after a not all that perfect lap.
At the start I had I bit to much wheel spin and drifted of to the grass with the left wheels and had to lift off a bit to not loose it completely.
Entered turn 1 as number 14 after that bad start.
At turn 5 it was a queue of cars, with Eric, Jean-Michel, me myself and Ken in that order.
J-M probably braked a fraction to late and hit Eric slightly, and J-M sudden speed change from that hit made me hit hem in the back also (sorry for that J-M :disapointed:), and the Ken hit me in the rear sending me off onto the grass.
Entered the track again as last….

Hade some nice fights from that on without any mistakes....... well ok one mistake then when Niklas was behind pushing and wanted to un-lap himself . I just couldn’t hold him off and lost the rear slightly and had to take it to the grass. :worship:

Ended in 4’th position and considering my bad start and the first lap incident I could not ask for more.

Really fun racing and a great track for these cars :laugh2:

Nice job all, and thanks Eric and RD :good:

Had a blast. Qualified around 10th (over 1.5s off my PB), but it didnt really matter. After the first few laps incidents I was running 7~8th. Poor Jan got stuck behind me for a while and couldnt pass. I knew he was much faster than me, so I let him through in a straight:) Stayed 8th for the first 22 laps or so... then I started making mistakes after mistakes :( 3 spins off later and some suspension problems and I was 11:(

My little brother (Jean-Michel) crashed and I ended up 10th!!

Big thank you to Tim for the track!! I love it!!!

Just an FYI to everyone. I will have another F3000 event the first weekend of Feb! Stay tuned!!

Hade some nice fights from that on without any mistakes....... well ok one mistake then when Niklas was behind pushing and wanted to un-lap himself . I just couldn’t hold him off and lost the rear slightly and had to take it to the grass. :worship:

That was the best fight i had working my way up the field old man :) I was so glad you didn't just give me the position but a little sad that it didn't end with a proper pass but with a mistake from you. Good job tonight

Thx for your condolence. I was dissapointed too. I have a nice setup that had worked great over the distance. In F1 they change the steering wheel when they have trouble with the software. Unfortunatelly I had no spare at hand :).

Haha :) Let's both wish for better luck next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%