Violent Vibrations Upon Pit Exit and Light Braking

Came back to rFactor 2 after a couple of months away, and my wheel almost shook itself to pieces upon exiting the garage in the Porsche GTE. Very intense, small oscillations (probably one centimeter in each direction) that were too strong to maintain my grasp on the wheel. The exact same sensation occurs as soon as I touch the brakes at all. I've tried uninstalling the game, and also remapping the default SC2 Pro.JSON controller file. Didn't fix the issue. Any ideas? I think my wheel might actually have suffered damage the vibrations/oscillations were so intense. Probably full strength of the 25nm motor.

Problem fixed by uninstalling game for the second time, but also deleting all residual rFactor 2 folders this time as well. I hope it doesn’t happen again!
you might want to try, if it happens again, just re-naming your user data folder and then verifying in Steam. (even possibly, just the player.json file) Could save you a-bit of time.(if that works)
Remember when you delete rF2 via Steam, you only get rid of the original rF2 files. Pretty much everything else remains. Thus, if you have a corrupted file causing issues, it 'may' remain, even after deleting rF2. To get a completely CLEAN rF2 install, delete via Steam, then use Windows to delete any folders left over. Best of luck.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back