AMS2 Vintage Touring Cars, 1970s @ Guapore - Tuesday 25th January 2022.

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
1643042270516.png

I am thoroughly enjoying the car/track combo :D

Thanks for a great event gents! Loved every minute in this lovely combo.

Did my first laps this weekend and was quite off pace. But put in quite few laps before the race and ended up with a good pace in the end.

Since it was my first race in ams I made a soft start from the back to make sure everything was smooth. Gradually upped the pace and attempted some overtakes. I think a few of the first ones were abit dodgy so my apologies!

As the laps went on a neutral setup turned into quite some oversteer. My rears had more than twice the wear of the fronts which was really fun:thumbsup:

Thanks for organizing Daniel and ill try my best to join the next ones!

Thanks for organising the race @Redvaliant - I Really enjoyed racing the corvette :D I tried to lift and coast and short shift to save some fuel, but it didn't quite work out and I had to pit on the penultimate lap. I think you would have caught me anyway so I suspect it didn't change my final position.

Hey Scott. Yeah, there was a period midrace where I had a 6 second lead to a rapidly closing Knut, and I thought about turning the engine down from the rich fuel rate to normal. But without a litre/lap readout I had to do calculations on the fly and, well, that's just too much maths for me. So I just kept it rich and planned on a splash and dash near the end. Would've worked too, but for the the frugal BMWs. Great racing all daylong, though.
Will put up next week's race post later today.

Yeah, we have had almost all popular Brit cultural content since I was a kid, plus the US, Oz, and our own of course.
So don't get me started on 1970s comedy duos or sitcoms.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%