AMS2 Vintage Touring Cars, 1970s @ Guapore - Tuesday 25th January 2022.

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium

rd r3 zeke.jpg

Join us on Tuesday night for some friendly club races with fellow premium members.​

This week's combo is pure 1970s Glam Rock. Groovy Guapore and the BANG-A-GONG BMW 2002 and Chevrolet Corvette C3.
Guapore is one of the hidden gems of the Brazilian track content of AMS2. It's a sinuous snake of a track, one off-camber corner flowing into another in a four wheel drift-grip-drift dance of tyre smoke and mechanical noise.
How you get a laptime here is down to your choice of weapon: the Bavarian Switchblade, or the Detroit Sledgehammer. Each car goes its own way in achieving pace, but each is a rewarding drive once you get them into the groove.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server, Settings & Rules

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 TC70s
Server Password: oldbangers
Server Settings: X2 fuel/tyres
Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Gears, Factory Defaults
Track: Guapore
Cars: Vintage Touring Tier 1: BMW 2002, Chevrolet Corvette C3
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Skins

Time Table

Practice: 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 20:45 UTC (45 minutes)

Entry List

1. RedValiant
  2. max1966i
  3. Denis Betty
  4. GeekyDeaks
  5. Daniel R.
  6. Casper de Wit
  7. Knut Omdal Tveito
  8. PurgerUK
  9. Steve Le Gallez
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
  26. Free Spot
  27. Free Spot
  28. Free Spot
  29. Free Spot
  30. Free Spot

Last edited:
Dan, I'm going to say yes..........but I have a funeral in the afternoon so the situation may change.......if I can I'll defo be there. Malx
No problem Malcolm. I'll put you down as a "maybe".
Though if you Scots are like us here in Ireland and there is a Wake involved, maybe see you on Thursday.
Such a fun combo! Shame I've got evening shifts this week though...
Yeah, I know that experience too well when work comes first. There's always next week.

I have somebody coming round at 19:30 so I'll have zero prep.
I may also need help joining the race. Last time I was DQ'd and I don't know why.
Would be good to try a setup for the BMW too if anybody is able to share.
Sign me up please kind sir, I'll do my best to join. :)

Yeah, can you put me down please @Redvaliant - apologies for not signing up earlier, but I upgraded my CPU over the weekend after which AMS2 proceeded to crash when assigning my wheel left and I only got it sorted really late last night!

Sign me up please

I have somebody coming round at 19:30 so I'll have zero prep.
I may also need help joining the race. Last time I was DQ'd and I don't know why.
Would be good to try a setup for the BMW too if anybody is able to share.
Sign me up please kind sir, I'll do my best to join. :)

Yeah, can you put me down please @Redvaliant - apologies for not signing up earlier, but I upgraded my CPU over the weekend after which AMS2 proceeded to crash when assigning my wheel left and I only got it sorted really late last night!

Hey guys, I think with so few sign ups that it's best to postpone this race till next week. It pains me to do it, as the whole purpose of these races is to slowly build the numbers till we have a regular crew of 10+ or more people.
Still, Daniel and I will be on tonight racing something..."Big Bangers" server.

Last edited:
Hi Scott, yeah it will be 8pm. We used to do an unofficial Tuesday night race here every week, various 10 lap races over a few hours. So kinda a holding pattern til next week. That combo of the two 70s gts and Guapore is magick, so hope for some more people in the next week.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back