Track: Prato Full GP
Weather: Dry

Practice start time: 19:00 GMT
Qualification start time: 19:15 GMT
Race start time: 19:30 GMT
Race distance: 2 x 14 laps

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
Vintage Replica skin pack: Download, extract to your nkpro folder. I'm assuming the Replica skins are identical to the regular Vintage

Signup List
  1. Senad Subasic
  2. Adam Farmer
  3. Lars Wylensek
  4. Stuart Baker
  5. Daniel Ouff
  6. Akbar Sal
  7. Christian Grzybofski
  8. Tibor Rózsahegyi
  9. Cedric Lagneau
  10. Ozan Testi
  11. Jon Denton
  12. Zdenek Cagas
  13. Chingkhei Nganba Sapam
  14. Paul Le Gallez
  15. Martin Kapal

Results here

I had a couple of okay races. Ultimately was fast enough to hold position but not fast enough to keep up with the lead group. A 5th and a 4th in the end. Would love to see the setups that were being run by guys able to run 1.31's with race fuel, very impressive. I don't think I was aggressive enough with setup, this was my first time in the car and it is very much not the sort of car I am used to, so I did not want to play with setup too much on the basis that I didn't really know the car that well.

Next time may be different, I feel I know the car now and did very much enjoy racing it.

In race 1 I jumped up to 4th at the start and almost third, but the outside line in T3 is not really an option. On lap two I lost 4th when 2nd gear refused to engage into the chicane and Tibor duly hit me up the a$$ and took the place. Once the gearbox calmed down I carried on and tried to build a gap to Daniel running behind me, but he was on around the same pace as me mostly and so did not allow me a seconds rest during the race. Finished a distant 5th, with Daniel a couple of seconds back.

Race two there was a lot of fun jostling at the start and I was very nervous about netcode, in the netKar Pro way, but it held up well and I did not see any real netcode problems. Some other guys were not nervous at all and it seemed to me that everything seemed fine with some very hard racing in the early laps, good stuff. In the melee I kept relatively clean in my pink machine and slotted up to 3rd. Then I was hunted down by the obscenely fast Kevin and passed in a relatively simple block pass move into T1. Clean stuff. Then as I watched him disappear up the road I noted the gap back to Tibor was very big, I think from the early lap fun. After a few laps I started to play with lines a little because I was bored, threw it through T2 faster than ever before (and it stuck!) but then found myself braking too late for T3 and taking a little trip over the grass. One 1.38 and there goes my laptime consistency figure! Anyway, this meant Tibor got alot closer so I had to stop messing around and run as quick as I could, which on my race setup was low 1.33's and high 1.32's. Looking at how well the tyres held up to the end I think I could have been more aggressive with setup and ran quicker, but I doubt in the 1.31's. Using a shifter and three pedals whilst heeling and toe-ing to blip on downshifts had me build up a good sweat in this car, it's a lot more effort than running the semi-auto KS2. But, well, I will be glad to get back in my old baby next week.

And yes, I agree with running the KS2 next week, it will be the ultimate test of the netcode. Perhaps we could run at Singapore? In prep for next week's GP?

lol, cool. I was only moaning.

I just like to learn new tracks sometimes is all.

I think I may contact the people making Singapore to find otu what the status is with it, because it would be great to race there sometime.

God I enjoyed those two sessions last night. I was looking at the stats in the monitor and I have 300+ races now, but I still fall for the "mesmerised by the car in front" thing when involved in close racing. So many times if they run wide into t3 ,then so do I. I even tell myself to read the road not the car ahead, but it's like magic the way you get comfortable in their wheel tracks.:D

The netcode and collison model are so improved now that a bit of argy bargy is not fatal - at least in the tintops. The KS2 may be a different matter. The little I've driven the latest version suggests that there is a lot less aero than before; it gets twitchy when pushed in fast corners. Valencia will be a trial by Wall Torture I reckon. I'll do a bit of practice before commiting for next week.

I enjoyed this race, and the practise for it, more than any for a while. I like the netKar tracks the best, especially Prato, Aviano and Crema. I find the 2 Vintage cars VERY difficult to drive, and so the challenge was brilliant fun, it requires huge concentration.

Many thanks to Jon for the little set up tip which seemed to gain me the best part of a second. This is an area I really need to try and understand because it made a significant difference in feel over the default set up.

Thanks to Ozan (who I briefly tested the improved collision detection with!)(and it worked great!) and Senad for the on track racing, and Daniel for a little while too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%