rF2 Vintage Formula Vees @ B'ham Barber Motorplex Sprint - Fri 20th Nov

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
count me in :Banane13:
i've been driving this great little cars since a year now. i did beta testing since the early days, and i misshaped some pixels for this mod.
pure fun online and even offline, as the AI is less stupid in this mod (dunno if its related to the low speed)

lookin' forward to see you in the track :)

markus ;-)

A tenacious ten is a reasonable grid i suppose,but cant we at least make it a dirty dozen?,c,mon slackers,you really have no idea what your missing with these cars....particular call out to Hannu!! and P Dweevelaar,i reckon these machines will suit you guys very much :).

That was Ab Fab gents, thankyou very much.

A real pity, the RD Server is so unstable atm. Are we being visited by the "Gremlins" again???...

Rickard came to the rescue, thankyou again sir.
Racing was ace, company was ace. And... I won a race. Its true, stop tittering, at the back...
Pole for both races, maybe they were gifted. Ofcourse, I did for myself in race two with a nooby error. I didn't change to race fuel. Knowing I had to pit, I decided I'd amble round on the first lap, giving room to everyone.
Came out of pit, 50 secs down on the last driver. More importantly, not at all far infront of Gary leading the race. Was lucky to get 4th in the end, I'd have settled for 6th.

Grats to Stu and Gary, for race one. And to Gary, Stu and Neil for race two.

I'd like to do this again, I'm not available next Friday though.

thanx for the race. i didn't expect to be competitive, but beeing so far behind ? :sidefrown: you guys are really fast.:good:

awsome job by Rickard, for helping out with an alternative server.

thanx to the admins and the other racers. it was not the last time i filled up your grid :)

markus ;-)

Had an awsome evening with those tiny beasts:woop:
Grats to all podium drivers, And Eck for doubble Q wins:victory:
1st race had I forgot to change from Q to R setup, So I had to do my first rF pitstop ever, with unsorted buttons, I only lost a lap! so it was kinda good work from my crew.
2nd race was great, had cars in sight all race long, but I had changed the setup between the races and got very hot rear tyres, when trying to push the car to the limit, and it gave some uncontrolled slides, and lost positions.
I will be back for more Vee fun races:good:

It was great fun with these little crackers. But i have to say sorry to all after i was to blame for a little accident in the first race, braking into the chicane i touched the car in front and spun him thus creating mayhem to the cars behind but at least we all go through unscathed.

The same chicane caused me problems all night as i persisted in either braking to late or turning in to early and half the time i just bounced over the curbs totaly out of control trying to gather it up when i hit the tarmac on the other side and how i never got a cut warning i will never know :messed:

Big thnx to Rickard for stepping in with a server at the last minute which enabled us all to have another fun Friday with the little vee's

The boy Eck layed down the early pace for everyone,i struggled seriously with this all new sensation from last week with a new G25 now (have i mentioned at all ive got a new lovely G25 lads?)...brother Neilly G sent me a setup late in qual and i could feel the love instantly and felt good for the race.
Some nice early work mainly taking advantage as others tussled too hard ahead and killed the all important "momentum" so i made good progress up to the back of Thommo in 2nd and Eck still in touch up in 1st,it took a couple of laps following Thommo to work out a pass down in to that chicane,he welcomed me through with a wide open door and was then happy to follow,at this point we had pegged the gap to Eck at around 3secs,then Thommo made a pass as i lost my rythym a bit,so then i repassed him again...then he repassed me again :D...so i passed him again!!!....bugger passes me again!?!...im enjoying following so close and going down the dip at the chicane i touch the back of Thommo's car with my nose,about the same force as the beating of a moths wing,not enough to register with FFB,yet the instant my nose touched my car threw it hands up in the air and started screaming like Alan Carr or...Ryan Callan or some other camp sort...the resulting little half spin put me 9secs out of the running in 3rd,all me own doing but ofcourse,Thommo never forced me to be that close (but it was bloody fun pretending to be the sim world equivilant of Nori Haga :D).
Grats Eck and Thommo :good:.
Front row start beside Eck for race 2 and i thought i had got some kind of nitro rocket start,but then realised something wasnt right with Eck so i had T1 all clear to myself in the lead,now was the time to try and break but Rhys was all over me early and he had some company with him,but he pushed too hard at that tricky 2nd last turn and i heard him in bother behind me,the name changed to Rickard chasing now and i remember him at the end of race one near the end coming from nowhere and sticking on my back then passing!...time to forget whats going on behind and push it a bit,this worked growing the gap,but now it was Thommo chasing,and the gap was being erratic now,going up a bit,then down a bit,had to double concentration and efforts to keep the win to the finish :good:.
The effect of being pushed along by fast chasers,combined with Neils setup,in association with me now fully used to and happy with things saw a 1:14.9 in the race :D,i was well pleased with that :parrot:.

Grats everyone there basically :) :good:.

Thank You Thommo und RD and ofcourse extra special thanks this week to brother Rick doing the whole knight in shining armour routine,so dashing and handsome,oh how we all swooned as he swept us off our feet and carried us away on his big white flying Arabian stallion to a magical place :good:.

Yep - huge kudos to Rickard for helping out after the server turmoil. Good work, fella.

Rickard set it to 20 laps as opposed to 20 mins, but we decided to do 2 x 20 lappers rather than 3 x 20 minuters, no-one minded either way, and it meant we didn't have to drop out and return or whatever, especially as Rickard was helping out. :good:

As expected, B'ham short was an absolutely magnificent track for the Vees, the gradients and cambers adding that extra little bit of spice to an already tasty broth.

The real beauty of Vees racing is that, once you get on the grid, your quali position is almost pointless. No matter how far back you are, you can be right up the sharp end very quickly if you drive the Vee right up to, but not beyond, the brink of it's grip envelope. Start going too sideways, and you just scrub off all that lovely momentum you've built up, and you have to sit there and watch people stream past.

Race 1 was absolutely immense, Gary & I tried to keep up with Eck, and we kept him honest for a while, but as he describes so well, we were all over each other for about 10-12 laps in the middle with several passes, re-passes, attempted passes, aborted passes, mistakes, capitalisations etc.

I admit I didn't feel any touch whatsoever, Gary was right up my trumpet going into that downhill chicane, and then all of a sudden he wasn't there.

That chicane was easily the hardest corner on the track to get right for me, I had the same sort of issues as Neil, not really getting the goldilocks line until well into Race1. After Lenno had his moment, I had a go at trying to get my head down and try and catch Eck up, but he was on cruise control, and strolled home for the win.

Race 2, I suspected Eck had an issue, as I saw the resigned "sugar" in the chat as the lights started coming on, and off we went. I had a cracking couple of laps behind Rickard & Rhys, watching them slug it out, but trying to be ready for any errors. Rhys went in a little hot into one of the braking zones, and must have had that "Nooo!" feeling as he kept hold of the car, but watched his momentum drop right off as he started to slide. Rickard & I nipped through and were off after Gary (Eck having dropped into the 24hr garage for some Tizer, Spangles and petrol). Some very nice lines from Rickard kept me back in my box for a lap or two until I could work out where my best chance was to get past. I managed to put a decent move up the inside of him, staying as tight as possible to allow room, knowing I had the better line into the next corner, and just managed to make it stick.

Could see Gary up the road, but without the label over his head, so that was my first target, to try and get his label visible all the time. Managed to close him down from about +5.5sec to about +3.1 sec at it's closest, but I was taking loads of chances to close the gap down. I wouldn't have been able to close it fully in the remaining laps without him making a big old balls up, and I was close enough at my normal racing pace if he did that, so rather than spew 2nd I dropped back to a slightly more conservative pace, Gary opened it out a bit again, and I took my 2nd 2nd of the night.

Talk about always the bridesmaid :D

A superb night's Vee-age from everyone :good:

And as promised, we're in Scandi-land this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years