rF2 Vintage Formula Vee @ Sachsenring - Thu 23 Sept 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
vintage-f-veer-jpg.472438

Welcome to the rFactor2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server Password: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It's an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Voice chat is on Discord. Please join us - we'll do our very best to make you feel welcome - MORE INFO
HERE.

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM OLD VEE

Cars: Vintage Formula Vee mod (Steam)

Track: Sachsenring 2020 (Steam)
Layout: GP

Practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (10 minutes)
Warm Up: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:35 UTC (25 minutes)

Race 2: 20:05 UTC (25 minutes)

Entry List - 25 slots
  1. Denis Betty
  2. Dean Maković
  3. Michael Rudolf
  4. Redvaliant
  5. Daniel R.
  6. max1966i
  7. Lennart Groessl
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP #26

Last edited:
*IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ*

Historic racing is famous for the gentleman racer era and that is the kind of atmosphere that I'd like to foster in the club. Please take time to read these web pages and try to get an understanding of what racing in this club is/should be all about.

Thanks

The Guide to Road Racing, Part 8: Passing Etiquette - Winding Road

http://wiki.grandprixlegends.info/index.php?title=GPL_Recommended_Driver_Behaviour#Corner_Rights

Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
  • Note: Please use your full real name in game and on Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Last edited:
Aw, I reckon you can handle most cars pretty good. This car may be low powered, but for H-pattern shifter fans it does provided an interesting challenge IMHO. It's simple enough to get around the track, but to be consistently quick you need to get everything right.

Oh, and btw it's great fun to race IMO. :)

@Denis Betty I put up the server for you as I was on to set up the Friday one.

I also checked if I could set up the weather app for multiple servers. So right now the server runs with Real Weather - Forecast here. Note that this doesn't change track temp. So the track is 25 degrees regardless of weather and air temp.

Just tell me if you want it off, as I started to set it up without asking :whistling: Then I'll close the Server 2 weather app :)

@Denis Betty I put up the server for you as I was on to set up the Friday one.

I also checked if I could set up the weather app for multiple servers. So right now the server runs with Real Weather - Forecast here. Note that this doesn't change track temp. So the track is 25 degrees regardless of weather and air temp.

Just tell me if you want it off as I started to set it up without asking :whistling: Then I'll close the Server 2 weather app :)
Aw rats, did I forget to put the server up? :roflmao:
OK I've been busy, but that was poor. Sorry guys. :redface:
I guess real weather is good. Likely I'll be the person most likely to have poor FPS if it rains. ;)
Hopefully it adds a dimention to the fun of the event.
Thanks Ole. :thumbsup:

Aw rats, did I forget to put the server up? :roflmao:
OK I've been busy, but that was poor. Sorry guys. :redface:
I guess real weather is good. Likely I'll be the person most likely to have poor FPS if it rains. ;)
Hopefully it adds a dimention to the fun of the event.
Thanks Ole. :thumbsup:

You had forgotten that, yes :p I logged on thinking "great, Denis have put up the server for him, and I'll just piggyback on his Sachsenring-work". Just to realized you hadn't done it. So I downloaded the track and set it up, realized while I was at it that I could just put up the Thursday server as well.

The forecast is likely to be dry though, so won't be much difference. A bit cooler engines due to air temp, possibly some clouds, but that's it! Been using it for a couple of months now. Only had one race been somewhat affected by rain, but that wasn't much rain!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.1%