ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD Triples

Hi Everyone,

I am building my first gaming computer and am going with triples but having a hard time picking a monitor. I'm new to this, so I don't know what I don't know but I have tried to explain my thinking below. Please give me some feedback so I don't screw this up.

Computer: AMD Ryzan 5600X CPU, Nvidia 3080 GPU, 750W PSU, 2x8GB 3200 ram

I was hoping I could do 3 1440 monitors with the 3080 but I may end up turning things down to 1080 if needed. It seemed to make sense to go for 1440 for future proofing and so I could play other games then racing sims on occasion. I know triple 4K is going to be too much for my budget.

Not sure about speed but it seemed like 144hz or higher would be a good idea for sim racing. Maybe 144 is not needed but I was thinking faster then 60 is a good idea.

Panel type: I was leaning IPS but it seems that fast IPS panels are not super cheap. It seemed like the viewing angle would be good for triples where I am not looking strait on. Maybe a different type would be better for more contrast. I'm not really sure what is important for sim racing in triples and what is the best panel type for it but IPS lead me to the Viewsonic I have speced below.

I think I want a flat panel. From my understanding, the triple support does not take into account the screen curve in the FOV. Maybe this is not a big deal. There do seem to be a lot of curved options now, especially in the price range I am looking. What do you all think? Should I just stick with flat or is curve no big deal anymore for FOV?

Going through the above led me to the ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD with the below specs. Does anyone have any experience with this monitor? The price seems good for its specs but maybe I don't really understand what I need. If you have other recommendations I would love to hear them. Price is a factor with me buying three, so...

Thanks for the help.

Specifications
Manufacturer
ViewSonic
Part #
VX2758-2KP-MHD
Screen Size
27"
Resolution
2560 x 1440
Refresh Rate
144 Hz
Response Time (G2G)
3 ms
Response Time (MPRT)
1 ms
Panel Type
IPS
Aspect Ratio
16:9
Color
Black
Brightness
350 cd/m²
Widescreen
Yes
Curved Screen
No
Interface
  • HDMI
  • DisplayPort
Frame Sync
FreeSync
Built-in Speakers
No
DisplayPort
HDMI
Viewing Angle
178° H x 178° V

Last edited:
Looks great on paper! Hopefully you can find reviews to make sure there are no gotchas. I suspect not including speakers helps to hold the price down.

From what I can tell it is a nice panel but they cheeped out on everything else to keep costs down. The LG and Dell models that use the same panel are well reviewed. Basic plastic design and a cheap limited base which I don't care about. The other downside is that the buttons to change settings are on the right side of the monitor instead of the bottom, which will be annoying for the left and center monitor. Figure I don't really change settings on the monitor itself often, so I'll live with it. I found they are often sold out, but Amazon got some stock this morning so I ordered three today for a little under $300 each. Planning on mounting them up to a Sim-Labs triple monitor stand. Should be a nice step up from the old Panasonic plasma TV on a end table I have been using.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%