Views and mirrors

Hi
I know the "which view do you use" has come up once or twice before, but I have a slightly different question. I use the nose view currently, be that right or wrong, it suits me for now. What I cannot do is get any mirrors working in this view. Now, I know they would not be particularly natural in appearance, but when racing, knowing what it happening just behind you is fairly important! Is there a trick to this, or are mirrors only available in cockpit type views?

Thanks,
Mark

• Andy Marsden

Go into your options and i think its either visual or general setting you will find an option for mirrors. This can be set to either real (you only see them in cockpit view), virtual (gives you an arcade style mirror in every view) or off.
Its always best to set it to visual even if you move to cockpit view as it gives you a better view than the real mirrors as each type of car has a different mirror position and size (some only have door mirrors!)
Hope that helps :thumb:

Andy

Hi
I know the "which view do you use" has come up once or twice before, but I have a slightly different question. I use the nose view currently, be that right or wrong, it suits me for now. What I cannot do is get any mirrors working in this view. Now, I know they would not be particularly natural in appearance, but when racing, knowing what it happening just behind you is fairly important! Is there a trick to this, or are mirrors only available in cockpit type views?

Thanks,
Mark

Hello MarkWilliams,

If you go in the option view / Visual parameter : you can find the option to activate the virtual mirrors.

• Eric Soeters

Tnx, I have the exact same issue. Looking back is deathly if you want to keep the ideal line.

Little bit oftopic. Just decided to buy GTR Evo (as an complete package). Than I can finally start racing online, which I really would love. Maybe want to join one of the leagues, but I'll probably are not good enough for that.

• Eric Soeters

I think that you have to get used to that. At first i had the same thing, but now i'm not looking at the real mirrors anymore.

True, and by using the nosecam you totally avoid this problem.. But that is a personal setting which will be different to each driver.

• Panos Vlassopoulos

Is it possible to use the virtual mirrors in swingman view?
Cause i'm use to that camera and its annoying to have to view back all the time an some times it makes me lose control.
I haven't figured out how it can be possible but maybe someone here myabe knows...(please...please)

For me the nose view is the best one, because you dont have to see 2 wheels one in front of you and other on the monitor. At least for me, but i know most of people prefer the cockpit inside view.

i use cockpit view which is more realistic than driving on the hood. if your only problem is the wheels on your monitor, you could always turn it off on your visual settings. you lose a lot of features driving on the hood.. like gear display, working wipers, side mirrors, etc.. :beer:

I always used to drive sims in hood/bonnet view. It just felt more realistic. When I'm concentrating on driving I'm not aware of the cockpit and certainly not aware of the inside of the helmet ;-)

I've got used to cockpit view now that virtually all servers enforce it but I have a plea to server operators - please let me turn off the visible steering wheel. I have a real one in front of me and don't need another cluttering up the view. How does forcing a visible wheel enhance the realism?

personally i get the feeling that the virtual mirror is rendered all the time but then is streched/squashed to fit the real mirrors, this would also explain with the depth perception varies wildly between wing mirrors and rear view in the same car and why both cannot be viewed at the same time.

for online races i dont think its mandatory to have your wheels turned on/off as long as your on cockpit view (am i right?). for open wheelers you could use the helmet view mod to get a much wider view of the surroundings, it really is better than the default helmet. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 411 40.0%