F1 2010 Viewing Replay Issue

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys.. when i try to view a replay of a session.. I get this black screen.
People suggest that you hit alt+enter to windowed mode and back again to full screen mode.. but doesnt seem to work for me..

any ideas what needs to be done?

I've just started having this exact issue....after no issues previously. The screen appears to just hang when you select replay. I can see the screen flicker different shades of black.

Same here. When I go to window mode and back to full screen, I see the video replay controls, but they don't work and the graphics are weird. I thought it was to do with me removing PB files from the save folders when trying to remove ghostcars, and that I had messed something up. I even deleted the game and re-downloaded it from steam tonight but no difference. I'm also windows 7 x64 and have installed the game to my games folder, not program files. I've used fraps a few times before to record my laps when I wanted to post it on youtube, but as has been said, the drop in framerate while recording is not great for driving.

Same here. When I go to window mode and back to full screen, I see the video replay controls, but they don't work and the graphics are weird. I thought it was to do with me removing PB files from the save folders when trying to remove ghostcars, and that I had messed something up. I even deleted the game and re-downloaded it from steam tonight but no difference. I'm also windows 7 x64 and have installed the game to my games folder, not program files. I've used fraps a few times before to record my laps when I wanted to post it on youtube, but as has been said, the drop in framerate while recording is not great for driving.

the reason for that is..
if you have started a time trial (im assuming that we are talking abt TT mode) .. you have load your setups and keep racing without restarting the session or going to garage.. you will probably have 12~14 laps to of replay..
once you are done.. you need to go to QUIT TO PADDOCK directly and then select the view replay from there.. it should work then.. without the flickering and other issues..

also here the replay freeze appeared.

i solved it with this method.
first, if your game start windowed the resolution become 800x600 but the new gen. monitor change it automatically to the optimal one, so if you have for example an HD monitor you can play at 1920x1080 but the real res. is 800x600.

second, also if you press ALT+ENTER for toggle the windowed mode the resolution remains 800x600.

third, sometimes the windowed mode freeze your resolution.

so, check before in the video options menu which resolution runs for the game and change it for your best one, then...
close the game and go to: C:\Users\YOU\Documents\My Games\FormulaOne\hardwaresettings
open hardware_settings_config.xml with an editor (note pad, World Pad, ecc..)
find this string: aspect="normal" fullscreen="false" vsync="1" and change it in aspect="normal" fullscreen="true" vsync="1"
save it!

now start the game, the windowed mode will disappear and the replay will be back to work.

tested and working, hope it can solve your problem.

and sorry for my bad english.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back