Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed !!

OK Rasmus I anticipated more or less this reaction.
And I understand - and to a certain point appreciate your intentions.;)
But as a matter of facts why should I bother installing a (for me) rather expensive SSD - when Im completely satisfied with my rather slow (but extremely stable) WD Desktop Blue 2TB HD which is running with hehe only 5400 rpm.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Laugh:)
The only thing a SSD would give me is some quicker Windows startup time - but as it is now I use the time to start a cup of the up while my puter is getting ready.:laugh:
And yes I have seen some eager people trying to tell how much better their games are running with a ssd.
But when they try to argue then its more or less obvious (for me) that they are just describing the scientific fact that placebo actually works.:thumbsup:

OK Rasmus I anticipated more or less this reaction.
And I understand - and to a certain point appreciate your intentions.;)
But as a matter of facts why should I bother installing a (for me) rather expensive SSD - when Im completely satisfied with my rather slow (but extremely stable) WD Desktop Blue 2TB HD which is running with hehe only 5400 rpm.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Laugh:)
The only thing a SSD would give me is some quicker Windows startup time - but as it is now I use the time to start a cup of the up while my puter is getting ready.:laugh:
And yes I have seen some eager people trying to tell how much better their games are running with a ssd.
But when they try to argue then its more or less obvious (for me) that they are just describing the scientific fact that placebo actually works.:thumbsup:
I won't tell you anything about putting your games on an ssd :p you're right, it's mostly placebo! Apart from rpg's like the Witcher 3 where an ssd massively shortens loading times (to a point where it's annoying because you won't see the loading-screen-advices).
I study a lot in front of my pc and my normal working programs are all in the c drive but kinda small.
Starting, quitting, opening projects etc. That's where an ssd shines. And at copying lots of small files.
But if your normal usage is more like running single programs for longer periods of time without frequent interrupts, a hdd is absolutely fine :)

I admit that the way I have configured/partitioned my puter where my C drive solely holding Windows only is (at the moment using 19Gb of 48GB) I could easily port this C partition to a small SSD.
But as I said above why bother when I prefer stability and simplicity above speed.
But I also have to admit that one of the reasons I have "never" had any nasties into my puter is that I regularly make a full Acronis backup of my C drive every 1-2 month and if I on my daily surf get the slighest suspicion that something nasty has sneaked into the puter I just use the 5-6 minutes it takes to "renew" the C drive via Acronis.
But it is pretty seldom I do this - because I use some common sense when I visit sites.:D
In my oppinion this strategy is way better than allways have some goofy anti-virus program running in the background.;)
Hehe Im allways a little disappointed when Houscall doesnt find anything.:roflmao:

I admit that the way I have configured/partitioned my puter where my C drive solely holding Windows only is (at the moment using 19Gb of 48GB) I could easily port this C partition to a small SSD.
But as I said above why bother when I prefer stability and simplicity above speed.
But I also have to admit that one of the reasons I have "never" had any nasties into my puter is that I regularly make a full Acronis backup of my C drive every 1-2 month and if I on my daily surf get the slighest suspicion that something nasty has sneaked into the puter I just use the 5-6 minutes it takes to "renew" the C drive via Acronis.
But it is pretty seldom I do this - because I use some common sense when I visit sites.:D
In my oppinion this strategy is way better than allways have some goofy anti-virus program running in the background.;)
Hehe Im allways a little disappointed when Houscall doesnt find anything.:roflmao:
Small c partitions and biweekly backups are the best thing one can configure :D

Small c partitions and biweekly backups are the best thing one can configure :D
I tried this House call, it didn't find anything, LOL, so I guess when I'm feeling better,. It's taking it to the PC shop, their virus program Always finds stuff. See what happens. Like I said before. Sometimes I'd love to throw it out the 2nd floor window, it's in my spare bedroom on the 2nd floor, then run over it with my SUV, LOL. I'm getting too old for all this PC worry ****, just to play games, LOL. I got more important things to worry about & deal with !!!! Thanks too All of you for trying too help this old man !!!!!!!!

I tried this House call, it didn't find anything, LOL, so I guess when I'm feeling better,. It's taking it to the PC shop, their virus program Always finds stuff. See what happens.
OK. I would appreciate VERY much if you would report back if your guys in the shop finds anything nasty(virus, worms or snakes:laugh:) because until now I believe very much in Housecall - but you never know:sneaky:.

EDIT: Before you throw the PC out of the window then just check if some innocent old grandmother is passing by.
You never know;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years