Video card / monitor setup

Hi All

I am going to be building a new PC soon, mostly for work but I want to be able to play Project Cars on it as well.

My plan is to have 1 widescreen monitor in the center - in portrait orientation and 2 4:3 monitors either side. This works great for developing but I not sure if it's supported. Will Project cars work with this monitor set up?

Secondly I was thinking about getting 2 video cards. I'm planning on getting a 4GB GTX 760. If I got a second and linked them with SLI would that work? Would all the monitors plug into one video card or what?

I've never built a system with more than one video card so I don't know how this stuff works.

Many Thanks

Moved your thread to the sim racing hardware forum, as I think you'll get more chance on an answer here.

Hopefully somebody can help you out @Roaders

Upvote 0
My plan is to have 1 widescreen monitor in the center - in portrait orientation and 2 4:3 monitors either side. This works great for developing but I not sure if it's supported. Will Project cars work with this monitor set up?

I don't know about pcars, but portrait orientation for the center screen is a waste of screen, you will spend one third of it showing the sky and another third showing the (usually not so interesting) cockpit.

Secondly I was thinking about getting 2 video cards. I'm planning on getting a 4GB GTX 760. If I got a second and linked them with SLI would that work? Would all the monitors plug into one video card or what?

I believe the only way to have triples with nvidia is to have two cards. With AMD you can do it with a single card, but you will likely need an active display port adapter (about 30eur) in order to connect your monitor.

Upvote 0
I don't know about pcars, but portrait orientation for the center screen is a waste of screen, you will spend one third of it showing the sky and another third showing the (usually not so interesting) cockpit.

I believe the only way to have triples with nvidia is to have two cards. With AMD you can do it with a single card, but you will likely need an active display port adapter (about 30eur) in order to connect your monitor.
Yes, I realise it's not that good for racing but that's the setup I want for work...
Thanks for the reply

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%