Victory: Age of Racing

Hmm very interesting since the NKP physics are top notch still. But they say it a 60s cars game. How come i can only see futuristic cars in those images ?

Attachments

• VOAR.jpg
    VOAR.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 342
Victory: The Age of Racing

Has been in development seemingly forever; I think I signed up for the newsletter years ago! An MMO, and probably not a sim, but doesn't it look good?

http://blog.vaevictis.it/?p=776

The handling looks a lot better than a lot of other "arcade" games, and supposedly levels above the "Rookie" level have more realistic handling. Either way, I think it'd be nice to have an at least semi-realistic racing MMO back, after Project Torque has gone away...

http://www.gamersfirst.com/victory/

Yes I remember this! I also remember it was said that it'll use the netKar Pro engine!

Edit: my memory seems to be good this time:)
Quote from the site:
Advanced Car Physics:
Victory's car physics engine is derived from the full-featured Net Kar Pro physics engine. Victory uniquely blends a realistic and detailed car physics simulation to deliver an unprecedented car handling racing game.

Yup, they say they're using the nKP physics engine, and that Pro mode will be quite realistic. Of course, they also say they will be sticking with short races, no damage, etc., so it is unlikely that this will turn out to be much of a "sim". Hopefully it will eventually develop into a fun way to drive sort of realistic cars in a MMO setting...

This is a video of a "Semi-Pro" (medium difficulty) race, the closest they've shown so far to a "real" race:
I, personally, think this could have the potential to be very fun.

The beta is out! :woot:I got 3 beta keys, one other went to a friend of mine and another to someone from RD... looks interesting so far, still sort of buggy... but it's the first day after all! >_>

After months of work and weeks of testing we're finally ready to release one of the most anticipated updates for Victory: The Age of Racing today the Service Pack 11 is available for everyone to download. SP11 officially starts the Beta 3 phase in the development of Victory and includes lots of new features.

New Steering Wheel Support

We've tested and wrecked lots of steering wheels during the last months to be able to give you the absolute best steering wheel driving experience in Victory. Connect your wheel, enter the options panel, calibrate it and feel the difference on the road.

We support a vast range of USB steering wheels, including force feedback effects that will give you an unprecedented experience in Victory.

To balance the game, if you use a steering wheel to drive in Victory almost every driving assistance is automatically turned off. This will make both your experience more realistic and balance your efforts with other players that have chosen different input methods (keyboard, joypad, mouse).

The balancing of the different input methods it's one of our priorities: we'd like to see keyboard, joypad, mouse and steering wheel racers to play together without any evident advantage for a particular input. We strive to achieve this together with our fantastic community feedback and support. Feel free to report your feedback and advices on the forum, as always, we'll improve Victory together.
New Live Events: Hot Lap Party

"Hot Lap Party" is a new long lasting live event where you can join a multiplayer time attack mode.

Racers have to set their fastest lap before the end of the event: Check the event rankings in real time on the brand new HUD that also shows overtakes, sector times and more. Up to 100 players can join a single Hot Lap Party!

You can enter and exit a Hot Lap Party whenever you want: set a new lap time, race in another event, go back to it, close the game if you want and then come back and set a new time before the event finishes.

[youtube]
New Intelligent Driving Assistance

​We've invested over two years working on our Racing Artificial Intelligence (RAI). We'll use it in our career mode included in a future service pack. But the core of RAI is now finished and we've used it in the last months to drive every possible car variants (millions!) in Victory to set reference times, adjust and modify our racing tracks and, above all, test the driving skills of our AI.

SP11 includes now an Intelligent Driving Assistance that helps you drive your particular and unique Rookie, Semi Pro or Pro car. Victory's Racing Artificial Intelligence will recognize the track and brake for you when needed, according to the performance points, engine, tires and widgets on your car.

Also, it's now possible to enable the visualization of the ideal racing line on the track: that line is the result of thousands of RAI attempts on that particular track.

The Driving Assistance is enabled by default for every racer: We encourage you to try it, it's the best way to start driving in Victory.

You can disable (or re-enable) the Driving Assistance everytime you want in the game options.
This is a big step for us to finally enable every player to be competitive in Victory: With different levels of driving assistance, driving aids based on your preferred controller, unlimited car customization, realistic physics based on user's choices and different car classes we finally want Victory to be the only racing game enjoyable by both casual and hard core online racers.

Candies

• It's now possible to save a screenshot of the game by pressing the PrintScreen key. A new screenshot will be saved in the "screenshots" folder inside the game main folder.
  • The HUD new sector time indicator introduced with Hot Lap Party it's also available in the HotLap Challenge mode.
  • The Results / Car Status / Degradation screen has been updated to better show your car status.
  • There's new HUD PI/Buffs/Widgets indicators in the HUD during a race.
  • Various interface corrections.
  • Lots of bug fixes.

Check out Victory: The Age of Racing for the free-to-play offerings.
View the Post on the Blog

Just a notion.. On the video the hands are not in correct position.. You should have a straight wrist, not trying to grab the wheel from behind.. Looks odd. I know that animating that particular motion is not easy but that looks like the driver would have permanent wrist injuries in few laps.

otherwise looks good, arcade sim, i think i'll try this one.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%