VHS Player

Plugins VHS Player 2.0.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
the vhs player wont attach to the tv bench it just unattaches itself so i cant install the scart cable

edit: i had to restart the game after buying the vhs

Last edited:
I've uninstalled all mods for the exception of mod shop and VHS Player under the assumption that there was a possible mod conflict causing my issue. This doesn't seem to be the case. The VHS player when installed under the TV in game goes into place, but there is no sound to confirm it has snapped into place, and I can't install the scart cable until I reload my game.

Once the cable is installed and a tape is inserted into the VHS player, the tape won't play no matter which method you use to start the tape be it pressing the num pad + button for the remote control, or pressing play on the VHS player itself. It simply reads stop and the TV is blank. I understand that I'm supposed to see some sort of percentage confirming the tape is loading?

I'm playing the latest patch of the experimental branch of MSC, and I'm using Mod Loader v 1.1.5. Any idea what I can do to get this working in my game? Any help is appreciated.

edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention that all video files were converted to .ogv prior to use, and I was using the sample video to test and see if the mod was working.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    73.2 KB · Views: 187
I've uninstalled all mods for the exception of mod shop and VHS Player under the assumption that there was a possible mod conflict causing my issue. This doesn't seem to be the case. The VHS player when installed under the TV in game goes into place, but there is no sound to confirm it has snapped into place, and I can't install the scart cable until I reload my game.

Once the cable is installed and a tape is inserted into the VHS player, the tape won't play no matter which method you use to start the tape be it pressing the num pad + button for the remote control, or pressing play on the VHS player itself. It simply reads stop and the TV is blank. I understand that I'm supposed to see some sort of percentage confirming the tape is loading?

I'm playing the latest patch of the experimental branch of MSC, and I'm using Mod Loader v 1.1.5. Any idea what I can do to get this working in my game? Any help is appreciated.

edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention that all video files were converted to .ogv prior to use, and I was using the sample video to test and see if the mod was working.
If you were using MOP mod before it may break VHSPlayer by messing with tv.
You can try to remove vhs.save file from \Mods\Config\Mod Settings\VHSPlayer\ and see if this will still happen.

Just a heads up: The latest version zip doesn't include the shop catalog.. Grabbed the latest shop catalog from nexus.. (Tried linking to the site, in case others look for it, but this site censors it)

Thanks for the mod!

This is an opinion, not a review.

Let's start off on the Pros:
-Ability to play your own videos
- Nice asthetic, fits with the lore and is common

Now the cons:
- You can just watch the video NOT in the game.

- Takes really long to convert your video to a bullshit format.
- Using a 3rd party fishy converter website
- Taking 3 years figuring out how to bypass the DRM on a movie you have or video that's copyrighted by Youtube (a.k.a Google)

- No pre-set videos.

This is an opinion, not a review.

Let's start off on the Pros:
-Ability to play your own videos
- Nice asthetic, fits with the lore and is common

Now the cons:
- You can just watch the video NOT in the game.

- Takes really long to convert your video to a bullshit format.
- Using a 3rd party fishy converter website
- Taking 3 years figuring out how to bypass the DRM on a movie you have or video that's copyrighted by Youtube (a.k.a Google)

- No pre-set videos.
wtf dude are your issues? Can you stop spamming BS?

anytime i press play after putting the vhs tape in it wont play any video. the video i put in is a OGV can you please help and fix it. i know you need my output log file but it wont show when i out it in attached files. every thing is up to date

Last edited:
piotrulos updated VHS Player with a new update entry:

VHSPlayer 1.3

What's new
  • Made it more compatible with latest MOP version (this should fix all latest issues)
  • If you didn't connected scart cable tv now show static screen instead of "nothing happens"
  • Reduced box size and redesigned it (Box no longer has weird physics)
  • Box is smaller and when using Shop Catalog it spawns now on teimo's desk.
  • Fixed "Reset cassettes button" to work correctly by resetting position under TV.
  • Mostly bugfixes and optimizations.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%