Vettel will NOT go to Ferrari

Message to mr Vettel: Ferrari will not have a working windtunnel untill 2015, wich means they wont be producing a top car until 2016. End of message.

http://www.blogf1.it/2012/09/29/ferrari-a-breve-i-lavori-per-la-nuova-galleria-del-vento/

You might also wonder why go to a team that after 3 (!) years of restructuring concludes they need a new windtunnel. Complete lack of leadership and vision in Maranello these days. Enzo must be turning in his grave.

You might want to post something not in Italian for those who don't understand it.
BTW, the article says that Ferrari windtunnel has given conflicting results for the last few years, but despite this Ferrari has managed to put together an impressive car, with whom Alonso has been a runner-up for the 2010 championship and is now leading the WDC. Actually, aside from some logistics issues, if the Toyota windtunnel will give less conflicting data, Ferrari could actually benefit by using it. Also, this doesn't mean that Vettel won't, or shouldn't move to Ferrari in the next few years.

Message to mr Vettel: Ferrari will not have a working windtunnel untill 2015, wich means they wont be producing a top car until 2016. End of message.

http://www.blogf1.it/2012/09/29/ferrari-a-breve-i-lavori-per-la-nuova-galleria-del-vento/

You might also wonder why go to a team that after 3 (!) years of restructuring concludes they need a new windtunnel. Complete lack of leadership and vision in Maranello these days. Enzo must be turning in his grave.

A bit over the top don't you think?

Last I heard, Ferrari were top of the drivers championship, with Alonso being one of only two drivers to win more than 2 races this year.

This move will probably help Ferrari instead of hurt them as well, after seeing that they were being hindered by their current wind tunnel producing conflicting data.

A bit over the top don't you think?

Last I heard, Ferrari were top of the drivers championship, with Alonso being one of only two drivers to win more than 2 races this year.

Most put that to Alonso, and reckon in the dry the Ferrari is at least the 3rd or 4th fastest car with a half second deficit.

Why would Vettel want to go to such a team?

i thought it was just the torrro rosso team that are losing commercial... and the possibility the petrones might head into trouble losing their funding

There's been like over 700 drivers in Formula 1?

Only 32 champions, and 104 race winners. That's 1 race winner out of every 7 drivers, and roughly 1 champion out of 23 drivers.

So yeah, it's not that easy to hit gold with new drivers.

Vettel´s doesn´t grow on trees. Like Hamilton´s Kimi´s and Alonso´s.

I agree. That's why I don't get why Red Bull waste millions of dollars year after year on a second team, churning out below-average drivers and leaving them on their ass two years later.
Develop through the traditional routes like everyone else.

I see your point, I just personally think that Vettel was just in the right place at the right time.
In my opinion, if he was 23 driving for Red Bull in 2005/2006, he would be a nobody.
Yes he's a product of Toro Rosso and the develpment programme, but he's a success because of two exceptional cars.

If say Alguesauri or Ricciardo was in that Torro Rosso in 2008, they would be fighting for championships right now woth Red Bull. He did better than Bourdais, but so did Buemi in 09. And although he won in Monza, Bourdais, who hadn't been brilliant most of the season qualified fourth. Vettel is a very good driver, but he didn't really do any better than other drivers who joined Torro Rosso afterwards.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back