Vettel vs Alonso: 2012 Formula One WDC (UPDATE)

Its difficult to see for us on TV but...the F1 drivers have some advantages:

They've driven that circuit all weekend, clocking up alot of laps and they usually always walk the circuit before the weekend - meaning they know where all the curbs are, where all the marshal points are, marshals signals, bumps, barriers, grass, gravel etc etc... except if your Kimi and you dont know about a certain gate.

They'll know where the flags will be displayed. Do motor racing over the course of your life, and you quickly learn to look for and recognise flag signals in any car on any circuit.

All marshal posts will be well manned. Including observers, flag wavers, recovery marshals, incident chief etc... Its very unlikely that something will be missed by the marshals and stewards. Add in the amount F1 TV coverage, along with tens of thousands of people at the side of the race track, then there's a high probability that everything will be spotted in some way or another.

Hmmm I see the yellow flag, but I also see the yellow lights flashing on his wheel which don't turn off until he passes the green light.

Seem contradictory to me, what should he have been driving to?
Also that Torro Rosso thing stinks something rotten, I noticed Vergne was much faster than Vettel but then had to back off when he got close. We also need clarity on whether it's Team orders allowed or different Team orders. Red Bull should not be allowed to dictate when Torro Rosso can and can't race them. I don't think I've ever seen a Torro Rosso race a Red Bull since Vettel's Arrival at the Red Bull

Chris okay then it counts as well for Sauber as well using the Ferrari Enginge!

Ferrari is the dirtiest team of all of them - just read my post.. counter question why should Torro Rosso do that????
And FYI - Torro Rosso can race RBR if they are quick enough (or their drivers) but they are not not the car not the Driver's..

OH and FYI I am not an RBR Fan - Williams is my team....

several videos show it wasn't yellow!

and HAHAHAHA - sorry Ferrari was always and will always be a cheating team "let Michael pass for the championship" or "oops, the submission of Massa just broke".. or " Schumacher tries hitting Villeneuve." ect. ect. ect..

Sorry - no RBR and Vettel deserve the victory especially after the bs after the Austin GP!
Yup because what someone says in the internet is automatically a statement of Ferrari.
Ferrari never said anything against Vettel's overtakes.
Besides every point that you mentioned was legal, except the Villeneuve thing which was an action from Schumi, not Ferrari

If Vettel make that overtake under yellow flags and if we want to keep the truth in this, he should got a penalty in the next laps, not in the end of the race.

Also, we all know that overtake didn't give Vettel a significant advantage, even if it was illegal and if add got that penalty when he should, the safety car entry on demand by Alonso, trying go get to podium places, would eliminate part of his loses with the penalty.

Resuming it, Alonso was beaten clearly in all last races from this championship and in the things that matters(on the track) Alonso didn't justify a title. Don't try to earn it for him with an yellow flag.

PS. I never sympathize with Vettel!

Back then it was fueled by his personal issues with Lewis. :D

I think Vettel did everything right, even them thinking about a protest is unwarranted looking at the footage that has been provided on page 1.

okay - it is getting ridiculous as it was 89 with Senna... if he did something wrong it should be penalized in the race not at the end..
Stewards didn't see it as an incident so it had to be all good!.. end of story Ferrari maybe next year..

Resuming it, Alonso was beaten clearly in all last races from this championship and in the things that matters(on the track) Alonso didn't justify a title. Don't try to earn it for him with an yellow flag.
I don't think we have seen the same couple of races.

Besides I don't think Ferrari will protest and I don't understand why it matters what Alonso said 5 years ago.

Do you honestly think that if Ferrari thought for one second that Vettel illegally overtook Kobayashi that they'd have not complained about it? This sport is self governing in that regard.

I don't think we have seen the same couple of races.
This is how I see it, India was the last good race from Alonso, in Abu Dhabi with Vettel starting from the pits, making a pit-stop for repairs, he almost beat Alonso in the end and Alonso don't menage to beat Raikkonen, don't tell me that the Lotus is a better car than the Ferrari, like people use to say about the RB.

In the US GP, even with that dirty trick with Massa, Alonso was always very far from Vettel and Hamilton and even Massa did a better race than him.

For Interlagos, they get the rain like they want and still the question about him getting the championship during race was more about what happen to others than about his own race.

I think for a title contender that was a very poor end of season.

Besides I don't think Ferrari will protest and I don't understand why it matters what Alonso said 5 years ago.

Well in here, if you can't see it, I will not explain it either.

Alonso and Raikkonen were one of the few very consistent drivers this year. Both have world titles under their belt and they know that in the end the points count to add another WDC.

Don't forget that if Grosjean didnt try to take Alonso's head off in Spa he would have been the champion regardless of Vettel winning all the Asian rounds. But if doesn't count in sports :)

But the topic was not started I think to try and push a WDC to Alonso but to get some clarification on regulations and that in F1 rules are rules at all times regardless who is the person or team.

Sérgio Marques
So because Vettel drove in your opinion better the last few races, Alonso didn't deserve to win the titel. What about the first half of the season where Alonso drove better? That doesn't matter?

Well in here, if you can't see it, I will not explain it either.
No, I don't see it. It's 2012, 5 years after 2007. How does it matter?
I am sure that everything you said 5 years ago still applies?

ummm this is not caring what the outcome is, is a non contact sport, even during the race was Senna or Vettel or anyone at fault? I mean it was a very obvious "hit" but what was the outcome of that?
This is nothign to do with the WDC, im just surprised people were let go in a non contact sport at all? anyone?

Alonso and Raikkonen were one of the few very consistent drivers this year. Both have world titles under their belt and they know that in the end the points count to add another WDC.

Don't forget that if Grosjean didnt try to take Alonso's head off in Spa he would have been the champion regardless of Vettel winning all the Asian rounds. But if doesn't count in sports :)

But the topic was not started I think to try and push a WDC to Alonso but to get some clarification on regulations and that in F1 rules are rules at all times regardless who is the person or team.
Well, Vettel had some issues with his car and got 0 points in 3 races...
If we are going to play the IF game then Hamilton should have busted their asses with 300+ points on the board!

This has been a tough season for both Alonso and Vettel, no driver deserved to win the WDC more then the other... Vettel ended up taking it with 3 more points then Alonso and that´s it! ... Let´s go 2013, show me what you´ve got!!

Peace

PS: Brilliant site to see how the season progressed for those guys
LINK: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/statistics/2012-f1-statistics/championship-points/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back