Vettel Reigns in Monza

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Vettel Reigns in Monza

It was a race which Red Bull were playing down their chances of winning at earlier this weekend, but Vettel ultimately ran away with the race, finishing 5 and a half seconds ahead of second place Alonso.

There was the threat of rain before the race as light showers dampened the track a little, and forced the drivers into additional practice starts at the end of the pit lane. However the rain held off to allow Vettel to record his sixth win of the year and extend his lead to 53 points...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tom
Jean Alesi acted really like a populist agitator on the podium. Reduced Surtees role to that of a bystander.

That whole podium ceremony was a very clear example of things that are wrong nowadays.in my opinion. Webber deliberately showing his back to Vettel while hugging Alonso. An ex-driver that wants to easily score kudos with the mass crowd by shouting some populist slogans. Fans were so hyped up because of it that they needed to boo the winner of a Grand Prix (not the first time this season).

I am rooting for Alonso as a driver as I think the guy is one of the most skilled drivers in the paddock but yesterday, especially at the home grand prix of Ferrari he should have taking some responsibility and address the tifosi to treat his colleague with some more respect.

If nobody acts this booing will only become worse at the next Grand Prix. Better put a solid interviewer on the podium for each race instead of drivers from the past or just spray the champagne, and do the interviews in an old fashioned way like they used to do.

Was a very nice racing weekend again but overshadowed by the nonsense at the podium, at least for me. Leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

They are all jealous because he is so fast, F1 is so competetive as it was never before but people are just stupid. To me he is the best driver and every year he will be better until he reach certain age like Webber, Alonso and Raikkonen. Those guys think they can match him :). Let them booing, who cares, for sure not Vettel he is hardest to break right now.

I found the interview between Alesi and Alonso to be rather cringeworthy, especially when Jean held up his microphone to Alonso's mouth, despite Alonso having his own and talking into it...

Put SV in any other F1 car he would never win another race.
Granted his skilled but 4x world champ skilled he is not.
Adrian Newey wins again.
F1 is becoming very boring because of Adrian Newesy car,
That bloody car has so much extra rear grip compared to the rest of the teams im amazed they haven't won every race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%