Vettel on not taking part in sim races

Just found this rather unreductionistic presentation of how probably most people understand what a simulation is.
No circular definition like "A sim is just something that replicates some of the conditions of the appliance it represents.
Here’s how sim racing compares to the real world
Of course, there are some big differences. The feedback isn’t the same because you are not actually driving the car on the track.
The simulator, though, is constantly trying to trick your brain by making you feel something that you’re not.
It tries to give you feedback for the steering wheel through your eyes, you can have a butt kicker that gives you a sensation as well.
But it’s never going be the same, you’ll never have lateral G forces and you are never going to feel the tires when they grip on the track.
The Chevrolet simulator we use at Team Penske’s HQ in Charlotte for preparation is very close to driving a real race car.
My simulator at home is not as evolved but I find it being pretty close on the actual action, on braking, throttle and steering.

I'm not sure what to do with your argument, so I'll get off this topic.
First you state that none of the current sims are close to realistic.
I then come back and show you that yes some are and others are not...and why.
Now you are back pointing to an article where the driver says ...yes!...some are and he benefits from those.
Its like some kind of reversed bipolar devil's advocate game.
Either way, I am done responding.
On to the next topic......

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years