Vettel Extends Championship Lead in Japan

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Vettel Extends Championship Lead in Japan

Sebastian Vettel has once again won the Japanese Grand Prix, his fourth in the last five years to extend his lead in the championship by 90 points ahead of Fernando Alonso, although he couldn’t wrap up the championship today.

Both Red Bulls seemed to struggle off the line which allowed Romain Grosjean and initially Lewis Hamilton to jump them before contact from Hamilton’s back wheel and Vettel’s front wing left the British driver with a puncture.

Indeed, Grosjean’s pace looked...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd sooner he win his championship already.

I'm looking forward to next year, which will mean Vettel will tie Fangio.

But, when I was watching the NBC Sports Network Pre-Race, one of the guys, Steve Matchett, said, to enjoy Vettel's domination while you still can, because, the next guy is gonna be a bigger ***hole than Vettel. He didn't actually say Vettel was that kind of person; I said it.

I enjoyed Schumi's domination, but, I don't enjoy Vettel's domination.

As long as Newey is still working on the Red Bull chassis, Vettel will always come on top. He may even surpass Schumacher.

Nothing can go wrong anymore for Seb. Very good patient drive today chasing an impressive Grosjean.

With WDC #4 more or less in the pocket Vettel is quickly becoming a true legend at his young age.

I'd sooner he win his championship already.

I'm looking forward to next year, which will mean Vettel will tie Fangio.

But, when I was watching the NBC Sports Network Pre-Race, one of the guys, Steve Matchett, said, to enjoy Vettel's domination while you still can, because, the next guy is gonna be a bigger ***hole than Vettel. He didn't actually say Vettel was that kind of person; I said it.

As long as Newey is still working on the Red Bull chassis, Vettel will always come on top. He may even surpass Schumacher.

If you think Vettel is an *******, you obviously don't see enough of him talking outside the car.

He is one of the nicest and funniest people in F1, his only 'problem' is that he wants to win, above all else. But hey, if anything, the others don't want to win enough.

As long as Newey is still working on the Red Bull chassis, Vettel will always come on top. He may even surpass Schumacher

No one will ever dominate Formula 1 like the way Vettel does given the ages he has. Yet his domination has not and is question if will surpass Schumacher's a man with whom i grown up and was sure no one else is going to beat his records, and now look what happens? But if you are trying to say that someone else is going to win by the age of 21 with a car that is nowhere near the podium and in the next 5 years to win 4 titles by the time he makes 26 ... it's impossible!

And why someone does not enjoy Vettel domination? I was Schummy's fan and i knew that there was this kid (Vettel) that was very good etc. I am kind of fan of F1 that doesn't cheer for the teams, because id rather cheer for what gives that car the soul and the energy, the drivers itself! I am Vettel's fan since early days when i heard about him being very good etc as test driver. So when Schumacher retired i couldn't watch, i watched only Schumacher and now he was gone, so here it is Vettel and I ENJOY this domination.

Why people ARE NOT ?
It's very simple. You have Ferrari, McLaren, Renault-Lotus, Williams etc and some team by the name Red Bull enters in F1 in 2005 with big bag of money and sponsors and suddenly they are unbeatable. Well i do understand why most of the F1 fans are not giving him the credit he deserves but the fact is, if he was driving in Ferrari with the same attitude he had over the past 4-5 years and success he would be loved much much more.

Nothing can go wrong anymore for Seb. Very good patient drive today chasing an impressive Grosjean.

With WDC #4 more or less in the pocket Vettel is quickly becoming a true legend at his young age.

It would appear he is unstoppable in getting his 4th WDC, which will happen in India (unless DNF). Maybe 2014 will mix things up a tad, with all these changes.

It would appear he is unstoppable in getting his 4th WDC, which will happen in India (unless DNF). Maybe 2014 will mix things up a tad, with all these changes.

The way things went, for example:
2010 - last race
2011 - 4 GP's to go
2012 - last race
2013 - 3 GP's to go
2014 - ?????

I think he will either falls in the last GP or win it 5th time in a row

I don't think people hate Vettel as much as they just want someone to keep him honest.

RBR has done such a good job of designing a car that no one else can compete, and no one likes that. Except maybe RBR + Vettel. I get a little annoyed when I see Red Bull dominating in pretty much every sport they're involved with. Why can't someone else step up and win something?

Also Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Lotus....all have cars that belong on posters in kids' bedrooms. Renault? Infinity? not so much. And I'll be damned if my kid is going to have a poster on his wall of a can of red bull.

If you think Vettel is an *******, you obviously don't see enough of him talking outside the car.

He is one of the nicest and funniest people in F1, his only 'problem' is that he wants to win, above all else. But hey, if anything, the others don't want to win enough.

He's that kind of person because of the way he's treated Mark Webber since 2010.

Sure, he's funny and what not, but, if you look at the relationship he has with Webber, and, you'll see what kind of person he really is.

A lot of you are his biggest defenders, and will say there are those worse than him, but, in my opinion, he's not a very good teammate.

When it comes down to it all, most successful drivers are ***holes to a certain degree.

He's that kind of person because of the way he's treated Mark Webber since 2010.

Sure, he's funny and what not, but, if you look at the relationship he has with Webber, and, you'll see what kind of person he really is.

A lot of you are his biggest defenders, and will say there are those worse than him, but, in my opinion, he's not a very good teammate.

When it comes down to it all, most successful drivers are ***holes to a certain degree.

Vettel has a few hundred teammates, and he's very involved and has a great working relationship with a lot of them. Given how essential good driver feedback is I'd say he's an excellent teammate.

His relationship with Webber could at best be described as indifferent, it just seems worse given Webbers professional victim routine and the relative silence on issues like Turkey 2010 and Malaysia 2013 from the top brass.

Just because 2 people don't get along together doesn't make them a bad team. You don't know the precise reason why Vettel and Webber don't get along. We assume it's due to the racing, but it could be something that's happened behind the scenes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%