Vettel Cracks Under Pressure Again

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Vettel makes Mistake Again.jpg

Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton had a royal battle on track in Bahrain, unfortunately ending in yet another mistake from the Ferrari man.

Vettel has been showing signs of suspect behaviour under pressure in the last few months, the end of his 2018 championship challenge being the most obvious example, and the German former World Champion would once again crack in the heat of battle in Bahrain, spinning under pressure when racing against the Hamilton driven Mercedes on the 39th lap.

Should Ferrari Support Leclerc This Season? Let us know your opinions HERE.

The incident, which would lead to Vettel also losing his front wing when heading back to the pit lane, would be a curious one. Having brilliantly withstood pressure from a charging Hamilton on previous laps, Vettel would spin the Ferrari whilst trying to get back on the power and reduce the space between himself and the reigning World Champion, giving yet another look at the cracks that have been forming in Vettels armour over recent seasons.

A shame, considering the great battle that was unfolding between the two most successful drivers in the current field, and something that will no doubt come back to haunt the German once again as the season progresses.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Sorry to have to add my mustard, but a royal battle ? I just saw two overtakes after pitstops due to tires and undercut management by the pitcrew calculator propellerheads. Not what i´d call a battle, but then everybody to their own...

And just to repeat myself, Vettel is not on his toes and overdrives his car to easily over and over again. Sth. is wrong with his mental power i believe. Wouuuusaaaaa ! :geek:

Fortunately, it wasn't really a crack under pressure, people confirmed it was a rear tire issue, and the second i saw that incident i knew something was wrong, if you rewatch it there's clearly something off, because he loses grip in a form that the car was very agile, even if it was too much acceleration it would've been slower

Somewhere in the middle of the commentary, Martin Brundle mentioned the outwash of Lewis' car is probably the reason, add or maybe also the tailwind. Any other reason will be very hard to prove or simply ignored even whoever says it. People without keen eye or knowledge will keep this in their memories as a Vettel mistake.

Spoliers AGAIN!!!! 3 articles on show with result spoilers (yes, one is direct, the other two show sufficient hints of the result). With a lot of people racing tonight who may need to log in to take final race details/announcements, its really not fair to ruin a lot of peoples weekends who may not have seen the racing yet.

Spoliers AGAIN!!!! 3 articles on show with result spoilers (yes, one is direct, the other two show sufficient hints of the result). With a lot of people racing tonight who may need to log in to take final race details/announcements, its really not fair to ruin a lot of peoples weekends who may not have seen the racing yet.

Stay off socialmedia/news sites completely if you not watched the race. Simple.

To me heres, what mattered the most....

Its Race 2 and we had a good race up/down through the field, with it seems lots of nice inner team battles as well. Oh yeah, looking forward to China.

Not saying that the spoilers are fine. You could put your Sunday race threads as bookmarks so you only go into the threads and check your alerts/PMs without seeing the news articles.
That's what I'm doing :)

I'm still getting the headlines popping up besides event threads (and even typing this message!) so I don't see how that solves it.

I try and see as much of the sport broadcast live as I can so don't get caught out by these but totally understand why people are miffed.

I did miss the post-race interviews though. Was it confirmed to be down to pure driver error?

I'm still getting the headlines popping up besides event threads (and even typing this message!) so I don't see how that solves it.

I try and see as much of the sport broadcast live as I can so don't get caught out by these but totally understand why people are miffed.

I did miss the post-race interviews though. Was it confirmed to be down to pure driver error?
Ah true... Forgot about the side, I only thought about the bottom but I simply don't scroll down there or don't look there. The sides aren't that easily not to look at :(

For ****s Sake! It was a structural problem, which got loose of the front wing going over that bumb!
Stop this click bait! @Paul Jeffrey
FFS!
Vettel lost control of his car when under pressure being overtaken by Hamilton. He flat spotted his tyres, this caused a big vibration which in turn caused the front wing to fail. Not sure what you were watching.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 246 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 14.0%