Vettel Cracks Under Pressure Again

Apologies, I should watch live, not on demand, to comment here....
AND commenting while watching at a delay isn’t the most of good ideas. :rolleyes:
I’ll try to better me.
:rolleyes:;):)

Fortunately, it wasn't really a crack under pressure, people confirmed it was a rear tire issue, and the second i saw that incident i knew something was wrong, if you rewatch it there's clearly something off, because he loses grip in a form that the car was very agile, even if it was too much acceleration it would've been slower
To me it looks like he just went to the electric motor too early and the road camber which falls away in that place just took care of the rest and caused the fast spin.

You would be quite surprised to know what teams make drivers say to the media. That spin doesnt make sense at all to be a driver mistake.

Australia Bottas had a 20-second gap ahead of Lewis but people refused to believe it was down to the floor damage. if we don't have internal info from the team we have to take it or believe what we want

Somewhere in the middle of the commentary, Martin Brundle mentioned the outwash of Lewis' car is probably the reason, add or maybe also the tailwind. Any other reason will be very hard to prove or simply ignored even whoever says it. People without keen eye or knowledge will keep this in their memories as a Vettel mistake.
Cos it was a Vettel mistake, no other driver spun there when battling, just him. They all had the same conditions Just like Germany last year, he was the only one who spun off at that corner.

Reactions: NDG
Vettel made a mistake, but he was in the middle of a hard battle with Hamilton in tricky conditions with a lot of wind. Even champions like Senna or Loeb made much worse mistakes.

At least that proves Hamilton and Vettel were actually driving at the very limit of their cars and abilities - something that was not always obvious in many F1 GPs of recent years.

vettel-makes-mistake-again-jpg.299225

Now I get what those "party mode" buttons are for. :confused:

Vettel made a mistake, but he was in the middle of a hard battle with Hamilton in tricky conditions with a lot of wind. Even champions like Senna or Loeb made much worse mistakes.

At least that proves Hamilton and Vettel were actually driving at the very limit of their cars and abilities - something that was not always obvious in many F1 GPs of recent years.

I really liked that fight and it was sad to see Vettel lose it.
It’s not often that you see these two fight for position.

so give up any club racing on my only free day (sunday) because people don't think of others?

For your information, you are asking literally the same thing you're complaining.
You say "people don't think of others?" because they don't want to give up debating here after the race. Right ?
So instead, you propose to prevent this, because you can't go out of your way and be more careful, like going directly to the forum without accessing the front page, or directly to the race topic itself ? One could say you "don't think of others", because you're asking many people to change for the need of a few.

I must say I enjoyed the passing in this race - felt like it had a lot more than some other races.
However, the pair Hamilton passes on Vettel (the attempt that didn't work and the one that did) were both basically illegal in my mind, because he exceeded the track limits on both. Therefore if Seb hadn't spun on the 2nd attempt I'd expect Ferrari to have been speaking to the race director asking for the place back...

I must say I enjoyed the passing in this race - felt like it had a lot more than some other races.
However, the pair Hamilton passes on Vettel (the attempt that didn't work and the one that did) were both basically illegal in my mind, because he exceeded the track limits on both. Therefore if Seb hadn't spun on the 2nd attempt I'd expect Ferrari to have been speaking to the race director asking for the place back...

I thought the first one definitely was, I didn't the second though. Although I didn't look at it too closely, mostly focusing on the red spinner.

I thought the first one definitely was, I didn't the second though. Although I didn't look at it too closely, mostly focusing on the red spinner.

When Valteri held his line on turn 4 against Lewis, he lost out. When Carlos Sainz tried to stay inside the line against Max, they caught each other. When Valteri passed Max, he went outside the line, and also Lewis against Vettel. I wouldn't mind much that corner, as in most cases, penalties are most common if you cut the inside line, not the outside. I don't know much about Charlie's rules execution, and he's not with us anymore. But it was mentioned somewhere in the race commentary that drivers demanded the stewards to allow them to race. I guess it's mutual understanding in between all of them.

Yeah, it's a tricky one. Racing is a good thing, and many tracks have very few good places to pass even with the abominable DRS. The UK C4 commentators didn't even mention the track limits, and indeed neither did Seb. I just feel that it devalues a brilliant move if you can only pull it off by going off the track...

Edit:
When Valteri passed Max, he went outside the line
Oh wow, I missed that then.

I really liked that fight and it was sad to see Vettel lose it.
It’s not often that you see these two fight for position.
Not very often but if they do it's always something special. A kind of
tingly tension which you can really feel. And they fight hard everytime,
but both are fair to one another most of the time, knowing and respecting
each other very well. I love these duels. The sadder it is when Vettel spins
out during such fights, like in Monza last year and now Bahrain.

Does nobody want to talk about how easily Ferrari got shafted by Mercs strategy once again? Getting undercutted not once, but twice. The misfortune with Leclerc aside, Ferrari failed once again to pit earlier to stay well ahead of both the Mercs. Ferrari clearly had the superior speed this weekend and the situation with Seb battling Lewis wouldn't have happend if the strategy guys would do their job for once. The fact that Lewis couldn't use his second softs to their full capacity was already luck enoug but they made nothing out of it.

Ferraris incompetence when it comes to strategy is getting ridiculous.
Or maybe there IS a Merc mole hiding in the Red team :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula-one/47772742
Apparently, this is the "5th similar error" by vetelle in the last 13 races.
This dip in form (not one driver performs to the best of their ability all the time) has become quite protracted. Got away with it having raikonnen in the other seat, but not any more. Next races are huge.
This is also very pertinent, often forgotten by fans:
"There are always times when you just happen to not get the right car set-up, which you guys don't get to see. All these little things that we're doing, it just doesn't happen to work that weekend and the differences are so small yet they look so big."

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back