Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM GTC65
Class: GTC65 Corvette vs Healey 3000
Track: Warwick Farm
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only.
Note2: You must choose a different make of car for each race. The order in which you drive them will be assigned based on the order of signups. Starting with the Corvette for myself, and alternating onwards down the list.
Note3: If you are new to GTL or even worse than I am at setting up cars (not likely, lol), you can try my setup for the Vette. I tried to make it as docile as possible. Here it is : 65 Vette Setup

Well Carlos, thanks for the event but I wasn't up to much tonight as I didn't get to practice at all with either car and both I found a handfull. But as always it was a pleasure hooking up with all the guys and hopefully I will be better in the next event.

P.s. the track was great and I can't wait to drive something different on it.

great racing tonight. the first race was just fantastic. avi and i had a very good fight with the vette while gary in the healy was just waiting for the corners to catch us. at about lap 8 the tyres were gone while gary was just getting faster. at the end i couldn't hold him up made a mistake and gary won. great drivig gary.
second race i had a strange bug. i could hear other cars but not the sound of my car. had a good fight with tom . the healy was much faster in the corners but he was faster in the long straight. at the end there were stu tom and me. we had a little incident and stu waited. thank you for that.
grats for warren gary and stu . it was a very good racing night, thank you carlos.

I really enjoyed this one, Warwick Farm is one of my all time favourites (as a biased Aussie of course), but yet again another classic track that has been closed in real life, what a shame. These two cars were quite a challenge to drive on this track, especially the Vette monster.
Race 1, Healey: Qualified about P5 ish, had a cautious start, but spent the first few laps exchanging spots with Tom as we went side by side through many turns. Unfortunately Tom had a crash with a Vette (Carlos??), letting me through both but then into a lonely few laps. Things started to liven up as I caught Stu having a grass mowing expedition, but as I watched Stu, I proceeded to follow him and join the lawn mowing. I had a good run behind Stu for a few laps watching him struggling manfully with shredded tyres until he finally had another spin (ot two), so I finished P4. Grats to Gary, looks like a tight battle for the win between Gary, Amir, and Avi.

Race 2, Vette: Man, this was a totally different driving sensation, and took some getting used to. At the end of practice, I started short shifting to a higher gear and was shocked to find my times improved by about 1.5 secs.
I carried that method over to Qualy and even fluked pole, :eek: . Started veeeery cautiously and was immediately jumped by Gary (not surprisingly), so settled behind him as we opened a gap to Avi and the bunch behind. I was well aware of the tyre wear (after talking to Stu over TS), so tried my best to save them. I spent the whole race following Gary, but I suspect he was driving just hard enough to keep the lead, as I kept gaining steadily until I made a boo boo or Gary sped up a tad. About lap 9 ish, I was closing in on Gary for an interesting final few laps, but made a mess of the Causeway and put the Vette onto that damned guard rail, costing me heaps of time to get it off again. By then Gary had bolted, so I just tried to keep it together to finish P2.
Grats again to Gary for the double, nice driving.

Thanks Carlos, look forward to another Event at Warwick Farm some time. Thanks to all who joined, and special thks to those on TS, we always have nice chats (sometimes helpful tips too). :cool:

Never had a bad time down on the Farm,a personal favourite of mine as well,like so many Aussie tracks are.
Pole in the Healey wasnt really much good with 2 Vettes around me so really dropped from the lights and settled in 3rd and just tried to hang on as best i could,it was bloody difficult!!,and always had an aire of "futile chase" about it as well,then i noticed the 2 Vettes struggle later on and i put a pass on Avi at the tight left just after the lake and found i could close in Amir,had to wait and stalk for a bit and then he got all out of shape at the double right turn just at the lake allowing me to shuffle past for the lead,the bonus was still some twisty bits to make hay before the straights come again,and it all worked out well,just had enough to keep them at bay on the straight and have a Healey win! :).

Vette driving for race 2 was a very different experience,late tweaks that gave it more of a "Healey feel" got me up to the front row to start,but Warren had completely blitzed pole!!,but alas,as ive seen in the past,he makes what can only be described as a pig of a start,so clear road for me,but i always had the memory of Warrens qualy time as i looked back to see him happily sitting within range,attempts to try and shake the bugger off had limited success too,and provided some "lively" moments as well,the hairpin at the end of the straight started causing me grief about the halfway point bringing Warren all close and dangerous again!!..and then he made is little mistake and i could breathe again,but it was about now i got to learn what Avi and Amir got to enjoy with their Vette tyres late in the race ;D,at some turns the last couple of laps i had to go almost criminally slow to make it,Warren started appearing closer again but the race ended just in the nick of time for me ;).
Thank you Avi Amir and Warren for some splendid racing.

Many Thanks Carlos & RD (very clever event sir,looks a bit wrong on paper,but boy does it work when those lights change!)

To the event - Warwicks a cracker, always enjoy myself around there.

Race 1 - Vette.

Started from the back after getting caught in the armco around the pond during Quali, but soon managed to end up there or thereabouts through being lucky when I encountered people (ie just getting onto the straight, and having enough room for the Vettes power to do it's thing), and avoiding the almost inevitable spinners, and ended up watching the (monumental) Avi/Amir/Lenno battle from about 4 or 5 seconds back for several laps. Actually started closing up a little (really little), but got too carried away, and a kerb kicked me right round, and they was long gone.

After about 10 laps, the tyre wear was getting to epic proportions, and it was all I could do to keep it pointing in roughly the right direction for about 90% of the time. During one of my 10% excursions, Mr Dawes sneaked through, and kept it nice and neat in front of me, we even mentioned on TS that, if he could stay ahead at the end of the straight that was game over. He did, and it was.

Race 2
Knowing the Healey fairly well from League experience, I had an idea what to expect. Gary & Warren were gone in their Vettes, and after a little creative navigation (ahem) I ended up behind Tom & Amir who were having a right old ding-dong.

I closed up about 3 times, only to spunk away all that hard work on a silly mistake, and have to start again. With a couple of laps to go, I saw Tom have some issues around the pond, and I was close behind Amir for a lap or so. As Amir went into a corner, he started to slide the rear (not very much - looked like a powerslide), I tried to move inside as at that moment I was quicker and more stable, but then Amir's slide seemed to become worse all of a sudden, and I was past. I didn't feel anything on the FFB, but it looked like we might have touched slightly enough for me to nudge his already unstable car beyond the point of recovery, so I waited just in case.

He gave me the "go", and I went, holding on for the last couple of corners.

Another good event from the boy Diaz

I had a bit of a torrid time last night. The cars and track were both excellent again but I just couldn't get it all to work out on the night.

Race One I had some really close battles with warren, I think we managed almost half a lap side-by-side, but I couldn't keep the car on the track for long enough. I did rather enjoy Carlos' overtaking attempts on me, on two consecutice laps he blasted past me on the straight and then promptly outbraked himself and ended up on teh grass. In teh end he got passed and made it stick.

Race Two I think I would have annoyed Amir to previously unheard of levels. He was blatently faster for 90% of the lap, btu I was all over the road in my vette and so he couldn't really squeeze past. Whenever he did eventually get by I only had to wait for the straight to blast by again. Remarkable restraint not to just shove me onto the pond I think.

As we all know I don't normally need much help to screw it up and I managed a fabulous spin-recover-spin-stall-swear-recover combo (with pyke) on the last lap allowing Stu to pass and that was that.

Thanks Carlos for a great evening - I'll see you all next week, going to New York tomorrow for a long weekend!! yay!

Cheers,

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years