Very weird sound issue.

Yesterday, I noticed that at certain points, my audio would be very choppy. I googled it and found that Fonsecker had been having the same problem and had posted a video on YouTube:

His audio sounded exactly like mine did. Someone suggested it was a video driver issue and I knew I'd installed a newer one. I installed an older one and thought it was fixed, but it wasn't, it came back a short while ago. I tried restoring my Windows audio settings back to their defaults, but, this didn't change anything.

Only moments ago, I had Content Manager open after the issue happened again. I opened Fonsecker's video again and had a closer look at the replies to see if there was a fix. I couldn't see one and replayed the video. The audio in the video was clean and clear! I closed Content Manager, and now, no matter how many times I replay the video, the sound is clean. What is going on!? The audio wasn't even being generated by the game itself!

Anybody got any ideas!?

Hmm, I actually now think his issue and mine were completely different things. I only thought they were the same as it came up when searching for a cause for my issue.

I believe I now know what my issue was, it was my Dualshock 4 going flat. You see, I have a Sony bluetooth dongle that works with it. What it does as well as letting you use the controller is to transmit a bluetooth audio signal to it so you can hear sound through a gaming headset. I also have bluetooth speakers that get the sound from another dongle. As the controller was going flat, the audio signal from its dongle broke up and the speakers picked that up.

The sound cleared up when the controller went completely flat and powered off. I'm currently charging the controller so I can't test this. It does make a lot of sense though and this was the first time I'd ever used the Dualshock 4 controller, so I didn't know what would happen when it went flat. I never had this issue with the Dualshock 3 as there was no audio being transmitted to it.

It was indeed the controller going flat that was the culprit. Trouble was, no sooner had I solved that, the audio died completely! I had to unplug the dongle for the speakers and plug it back in again before the two would pair again. To be on the safe side, I moved the Sony dongle back to a front port, which was where it was when I was testing it. No sound issues now.......... HOPEFULLY!!

PS (Yes, I am a newbie to all this, so please bear with me!)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%