Very unrealistic AI

Unbelievable acceleration as they ram you at 70% and AI strength settings do absolutely nothing.

I made Major changes to Aiw in track settings and nothing changes the AI . I never saw a game where nothing has an effect on the Ai .They just plunge blindly ahead RamRamRam. terrible. Worse than bad. Some child must have programmed this AI.

Last edited:
I have about 200 hrs in AMS and only remember being rammed 1 or 2 times by the AI in all that time... and I'm not a fast driver at all. AMS is the sim that gives me the most confidence in getting close and personal with the AI.

The "child" that programmed the AI in AMS is crazy talented and created perhaps the most human-like AI currently available in sim racing (Raceroom AI is a close second for me after their latest patch).

If you are altering track AIW I would alter the fast - slow numbers by 4.0s rather than editing the numbers a small amount. In regards to being rammed turn the aggression down to medium, or edit the AI brake torque values in your PLR file. Personally I am certainly not setting the world alight with my laptimes but I don't have any problems anymore with the AI. When development began on AMS obviously that was different but things are totally different now.

Thanks for all your fine insite fellows but you must be running a different game than I. You can not change my mind. The Ai is just awfull but i will try what Dethrone1427 has to offer. It is no doubt the cars snd tracks in Automobiliste are very well done. And 'Emerson" I am gone for good. Thanks for your very intelligent response. Do not have an AI brake torque setting in my player file.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your fine insite fellows but you must be running a different game than I. You can not change my mind. The Ai is just awfull but i will try what Dethrone1427 has to offer. It is no doubt the cars snd tracks in Automobiliste are very well done. And 'Emerson" I am gone for good. Thanks for your very intelligent response. Do not have an AI brake torque setting in my player file.

There is no need to change any settings in AIW files--Reiza has carefully calibrated them all. If you are using stock content, the AI behave well. If you are using third-party tracks or cars, all bets are off.

Just run laps in Q and set your best time. Then let a field of AI run the same Q and adjust until the leader's time matches yours. You will only have to do this a few times because Reiza also adjusted all tracks to the same calibrated level. If 99% works on a couple of tracks it will work on them all (try that with rF2 and fail miserably). The benefit of this is you can start at whatever level is appropriate/equivalent to your skill and then bump it up 1% at a time as you gain skills. And it's a universal setting, so you don't have to recreate the testing and calibration with every different car and track you visit--handy since AMS gives such an huge range of cars and plenty of tracks to learn and have fun with.

Thanks for the nice reply. You are right as rain. Seems like most of the stock content is fine but it is the Mods that are unpredictible.
Marc . you are 100% correct. and i apologize to riza. The mods are the problem and sometimes impossible to race against. So far all Riza cars are good to adjust and i am putting my Aiw files back to standard. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice reply. You are right as rain. Seems like most of the stock content is fine but it is the Mods that are unpredictible.
Marc . you are 100% correct. and i apologize to riza. The mods are the problem and sometimes impossible to race against. So far all Riza cars are good to adjust and i am putting my Aiw files back to standard. Thanks for the input.

The good news is that there are many mods that are done properly. Start with the @Patrick Giranthon tracks here at RD--they are all as close to Reiza perfect as any modded tracks out there. He also released two amazing car mods--CART Extreme and some older Porsche 911 racers.

https://www.racedepartment.com/members/patrick-giranthon.525/

When you are done with all that amazing content, there is more almost as good, but you need to do some research to confirm whether it is configured for proper AI. Many mods are designed for online racing, so they don't care or think about the AI issues.

I guess you are correct but i do no Online racing at all. I used to race high performance Boats but I was old and slow so everybody got mad at me and i quit ,just to stay out of their way. . I still really enjoy a good race aginst the AI but no real opponents. Thanks for your valuable input.

I guess you are correct but i do no Online racing at all. I used to race high performance Boats but I was old and slow so everybody got mad at me and i quit ,just to stay out of their way. . I still really enjoy a good race aginst the AI but no real opponents. Thanks for your valuable input.

You have many, many good options for AI races with AMS. And a working Strength % setting that will let you race at your own pace with them. If you can't keep up, you just practice on your own until you can run consistent laps at a decent speed. Also, pick cars and tracks suitable for learners, not experts. There is a huge difference, as expected!!

In my opinion, the best track to learn on that it is still fun is one from the list I linked to above: Le Mas du Clos. It was designed for people to bring their own high performance cars to learn their limits and have fun. Of course you can race real race cars on it, too, but it has no high-speed severe danger zones. And it even has a simpler version and then a longer layout with some tight sections after you master the short one. Take any of the easier cars to drive there and you will have a ton of fun learning.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mas-du-clos-2-seasons-2-layouts.12985/

At some point, things click, and then you are able to pick up a new track or car fairly quickly because you have the foundation to build upon. That's why AMS is such a nice tool--it has every possible level of racing covered so you can explore at your own pace. And don't hesitate to do what almost every F1 champion of note has done--start in karting!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing