Very strange problem

I started GSCE today and it suddenly was running at 15 fps. At tuesday it was working just fine. In the meanwhile I had not done any system or hardware changes.

Removed the whole game folder and downloaded it again from Steam. Unplugged all controllers. Deleted any nvidia profiles. Uninstalled any unnecessary programs. It was running the same way, without any mods and brand new driver profile: 16 fps. Reduced every detail to minimum: 18 fps. Tried running windowed, disabling steam overlay, disabling mirrors and gui elements, changing d3d9.ini with a sweetfx one, reinstalling directx 9 from the support directory, no result. MSI afterburner showed gpu usage of 10 percent, cpu usage of 18 percent...

Went back to the other install and noticed that it was running in low fps only when I was in car... replays and menus tho were running as smooth as before, even quick replays, no matter if form cockpit or outside cameras. When I tried to drive tho, even from swingman view: 18 fps again.

Every other game works as good as before. I got no idea what the problem is and what I'm supposed to do... reinstalling windows is not something I want to do right now. I could't find out how to disable the track map, I guess this could help...

System: GTX 550ti 1gb, Windows 10, pentium core2quad q8200 cpu, 4 cores, 2,33 ghz, 4 gb ddr2 ram at 800mhz.

I moved the old install, pressed "delete game content" in steam, then downloaded the whole game all over again. It didnt help, so I doubt verifying the files will do anything more.

Performance was very good, around 180 fps when alone on the track... and is still very good in replays, just not when driving...

Heard some examples where it was the game controller that caused it. Basically the communication between the software and the wheel. Maybe try reinstalling the wheel and drivers, using different USB port (preferably directly on the motherboard), etc.

I tried removing TrackIrPlugin from the Plugin folders, but nothing changed. Then I noticed a TrackMapPlugin.dll in there...removed that one, and now its fixed. 176 fps at pretty much max settings...

Well, that settles it then... I dont really need the map, and its often buggy or flickering... its just weird that it suddenly has such severe effect on performance. I was running default tracks, not modded, so its not that neither...

Weird, I had the same problem yesterday when I fired up SCE after an rF2 session. Thought it was a hardware issue, so restarted system and updated to newest Nvidia drivers, problem persists. Game was working fine last time I played it, not sure what happened between then and now. Other sims and games work flawlessly. Deleting the track map is not a good option.

Running single GTX780 on triple screen 5900x1080 resolution, was running 150+ fps before this problem, now choppy slideshow.

Running single GTX780 on triple screen 5900x1080 resolution, was running 150+ fps before this problem, now choppy slideshow.

Are you running windows 10 too? Maybe some sneaky windows update... I haven't updated my graphic drivers yet.

Why is deleting track map not an option? I actually think there are supposedly multiple different versions between 1.3x, 1,4x and 1,5x... maybe we can just replace it with older version file?

Are you running windows 10 too? Maybe some sneaky windows update... I haven't updated my graphic drivers yet.

Why is deleting track map not an option? I actually think there are supposedly multiple different versions between 1.3x, 1,4x and 1,5x... maybe we can just replace it with older version file?

No, haven't made the switch to W10, still on W7. None of my software or hardware changed since between when it was running fine and now.

I like the track map a lot, so deleting it isn't my favorite option at this time.

I hope someone knows whats going on here and can help fix our problem.

yes i was getting 35fps on a 980ti .... WTF untill i changed this

Delay Video Swap="1" // Whether to delay video swap if card is busy - this should only be used if framerate clearly improves - otherwise it is only delaying response time

i limited to 120fps in nvidia inspector and have my super-sampling up everything ultra 1080p 25 cars, locked at 127fps.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%