Let's be honest; if you're a 16 year old boy entering the F1 and half the world is telling you that you are the best and an exceptional talent, it's hard to keep your feet on the ground. I think at this moment there's a task for Red Bull to guide him the best way they can. If they don't, they're ruining their own investment and Max's career.

Right now I think that Verstappen is on the turning point of his career.
He's been heavily critisized in the media by Horner, Marko, Lauda and many more. Somewhere back in his mind he's aware of his errors and agressive driving style. If he remains to be hardheaded and 'goes for every gap', then it'll be over for him very soon. Let's hope he'll come to his senses so that we can enjoy his driving for many years to come. He has the potential to be a world champion for sure, but it all depends on his nearby future behavior.

Last edited:
En niemand heeft het over dit incident omdat het Alonso is :roflmao:

Koita pysyä aihessa : Verstappen Rohkea vai vaarallinen.

Kiitos ;)

MOD-EDIT:
RaceDepartment is an English speaking website. When posting on public message boards, please use only the English language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yepp laat me je vertellen ... dat Max van deze fout leerde. Hij heeft een zeer sterke geest voor zijn leeftijd. Ik denk dat dit ongeluk goed is voor zijn carriere. Hamilton vond het niet zijn schuld, dat was een raceongeluk ... in China was het na een briljante start en een goede race stuppid maar
Hij zal er sterker uitkomen.

MOD-EDIT:
RaceDepartment is an English speaking website. When posting on public message boards, please use only the English language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't intend to compare the whole incidents but the parallel which quickly jumps into my mind is the misjudgement of the driver trying to make the pass. In both incidents it seems obvious, that there had been more promising occasions a short time later.

@Reik Major thanks for clarifying, I see the point you are making now. As much as I will always believe Schumacher deliberately crashed into Hill, Hill himself later admitted in his book that placing his car there was bad judgement and that he wished he'd been more patient. From what I remember though Hill also said that he wasn't aware of just how badly damaged schumi 's car was as he hadn't seen him go off (hill was a corner back from the incident).

Anyways, back on topic, I think Verstappen will learn a lot from this weekend. He knows that he threw away a possible victory with some poor judgement on the track. He clearly has the natural ability - he now just needs to add the race management side of things to his game and if he does then he has the potential to become a multi times world champion :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think naturally fast driver, but still needs to think more about his racing.

Part of the problem is modern Formula 1, with its hugely sanitised ethos. In the 60s or 70s, when cars were tougher and speeds were lower, Max's mistake on Sunday would have been shrugged off by everyone involved. No one was in danger, I don't think - it was just a poorly judge manoeuvre that spoiled his, and some else's race.

I know there is no going back for F1, but I miss the rough and tumble of vintage racing.

I think naturally fast driver, but still needs to think more about his racing.

Part of the problem is modern Formula 1, with its hugely sanitised ethos. In the 60s or 70s, when cars were tougher and speeds were lower, Max's mistake on Sunday would have been shrugged off by everyone involved. No one was in danger, I don't think - it was just a poorly judge manoeuvre that spoiled his, and some else's race.

I know there is no going back for F1, but I miss the rough and tumble of vintage racing.
Indeed Max made a mistake, Alonso did worse! Next GP he can do better for sure!

Alonso's move was harsh, yes, but he had track position and at that point had the right to take his line, which he did. therefore, legal move - true brilliance can be found in those who know how to walk the line without crossing it - something Verstappen doesn't yet understand

En niemand heeft het over dit incident omdat het Alonso is :roflmao:

Did it end in contact?

No it didn't, that's why people don't talk about it.

It's your chauvinism glasses that can't make that distinction between the two so you reverted to "whataboutism" which is all too common on the internet these days to defend stupid behaviour of your idol.

Do you see French people going apeshit over Gasly? No, cause they understand he F* up. Why can't dutch people do the same?

[QUOTE = "Paul Jeffrey, postagem: 2729772, membro: 5132"] [ATTACH = full] 246786 [/ ATTACH]
Max Verstappen bate mais uma vez, desta vez no líder do Campeonato do Mundo, fazendo com que alguém se pergunte se o holandês voador é mais perigoso do que excitante.

Todo mundo gosta de ver o espírito de luta no circuito, no entanto, com mais de 60 Grand Prix e em sua quarta temporada da Fórmula 1, já era hora de o piloto Red Bull de 20 anos se acalmar e parar de cometer erros de novato?

Possivelmente destacado por um overclock composto e estabelecido na forma de Ricciardo, seu companheiro de equipe na Red Bull, no carro irmão, está claro agora que Max Verstappen ainda tem muito a aprender sobre competir com seus rivais na pista, não menos importante. dos quais com acidentes em dois fins de semana de corrida consecutivos para o jovem. Verstappen se tornou uma espécie de perigo no circuito?

Deixe-nos saber sua opinião abaixo! [/ QUOTE]
pioto irresponsavel

[QUOTE = "Paul Jeffrey, postagem: 2729772, membro: 5132"] [ATTACH = full] 246786 [/ ATTACH]
Max Verstappen bate mais uma vez, desta vez no líder do Campeonato do Mundo, fazendo com que alguém se pergunte se o holandês voador é mais perigoso do que excitante.

Todo mundo gosta de ver o espírito de luta no circuito, no entanto, com mais de 60 Grand Prix e em sua quarta temporada da Fórmula 1, já era hora de o piloto Red Bull de 20 anos se acalmar e parar de cometer erros de novato?

Possivelmente destacado por um overclock composto e estabelecido na forma de Ricciardo, seu companheiro de equipe na Red Bull, no carro irmão, está claro agora que Max Verstappen ainda tem muito a aprender sobre competir com seus rivais na pista, não menos importante. dos quais com acidentes em dois fins de semana de corrida consecutivos para o jovem. Verstappen se tornou uma espécie de perigo no circuito?

Deixe-nos saber sua opinião abaixo! [/ QUOTE]
pioto irresponsavel

English please or include translation

Translate

Everyone likes to see the fighting spirit in the circuit, however, with more than 60 Grand Prix and in its fourth season of Formula 1, it was time for the 20 year old Red Bull driver to calm down and stop making rookie mistakes ? Possibly highlighted by a compound overclock and established in the form of Ricciardo, his teammate at Red Bull, in the brother car, it is clear now that Max Verstappen still has a lot to learn about competing with his rivals on the track, not least. of whom with accidents on two consecutive race weekends for the young. Has Verstappen become a kind of danger on the circuit? Let us know your opinion below! [/ QUOTE] pioto irresponsavel

It's kind of boring without a shake-up such as a crash or spin every now and then imo.
That's pretty unreasonable. Clearly, you're not a fan of the actual sport. That's like saying MotoGP wouldn't be interesting if people didn't crash all the time and fall off their bikes for you to watch. We don't want people to crash, that's just not in the spirit of the sport - we want people to battle, but we don't want carnage.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back