Verstappen and Kvyat Swap Seats for Spanish Grand Prix

At the start of the new season I wondered why RB kept 2 less talented drivers in their team and the two Young Stars at TR. The Championship was out of reach before the start of the season, and to bring Verstappen and Sainz into the RB's would be the right step. Both of them are ready for the better car, and have more talent and higher chance than both Riccardo and Kvyat together... :whistling:
Ricciardo actually got voted as the worlds best racing driver at the end of 2014! RBR have a good chassis ( only good not great) lets see how Danny goes in a Ferrari next year.I doubt Adrian Newey will stay at RBR beyond this year too, thats just my opinion. Apologies for calling you stupid, its been a long day :mad::sleep:.

Last edited:
The swap was going to happen anyway, there some rumors going that the move was planned mid season (around Spa) but with what happened during the Russian GP Kvyat basically gave them a reason to do it straight away.

The problem was Max his contract, he was set for 2 years and a option for 3th year with promotion into the main team. RB was going to make a harsh decision anyway since RIC is already contracted for 2017. The future of KVY was already decided pre season.

Anyway at least one question will be answered now, in the next 5 months we will get an answer on whether Max is really that once in a 10-20 year huge talent that comes along. And judging all the little details about what makes him so good my bet is that RIC is going to have a handful on this kid.

This is brutal. Such an emasculating experience for Kvyat, I wonder how he will bounce back.
Totally uncalled for by RBR. Guy makes one mistake (some would argue two) and bam, he's gone? And this is after getting a podium in the previous race?!

Seriously, flabbergasted.

i have no doubt they are both ready but i do think you are underestimating Ricciardo here. I am very curious how Max will hold up against a true quality driver like Ricciardo.

Ricciardo is a good driver, but his strength is his personality. I don't think he is as quick as Verstappen or Sainz. I think Ricciardo is more a Button like driver, and RB isn't good enough to give him the technological advantage, he needs to win big points. I like Ricciardo as a driver, but i think he is also in the wrong team. TR would be not good enough, but RB doesn't fit either.

Do you actually WATCH the practice sessions, qualifying and the race or are you just stupid!!! Ricciardo handed a 4 time world champion his arse in 2014, won 3 races, then got voted the best driver in the world and you post garbage like that!!

I know, but in F1 you don't win because of talent :p It's your opinion, and Ricciardo is a good driver, but both he and RB aren't the best combo for success.
Webber for example was medium good driver and got wins with RB, Ricciorado is much better, but he needs a better car. RB has not a top car, so they need better drivers.

Ricciardo is a good driver, but his strength is his personality. I don't think he is as quick as Verstappen or Sainz. I think Ricciardo is more a Button like driver, and RB isn't good enough to give him the technological advantage, he needs to win big points. I like Ricciardo as a driver, but i think he is also in the wrong team. TR would be not good enough, but RB doesn't fit either.
We'll see soon enough if Verstappen is as fast as Ricciardo or faster, or he is another Kvyat...

Seems strange to make this change so early in the season. Will only put added pressure on both drivers although it is a great opportunity for Max, really feel for Kvyat however can't imagine how it feels for him being demoted.

Well we have to disagree then. I rate Ricciardo allot higher then Sainz at this point. Sainz and Kvyat are about level i think. I just dont understand how you can compare RIC to BUT as they have a completly different driving style.

Shame.
And fine example of how Red Bull treat their drivers - after one GREAT move (no matter what Vettel says of course) and their FIRST podium finish this season.And maybe even the last.
I hope he'll crash in Spain so we can all just forget it all about it...
Also all that *** talk about him being "little Senna" ??
Guess Sainz just don't know how to represent himself that well.
My advice to him would be, drive like he does, don't save your fuel or tires, and when the engine goes off (or tires, or ...whatever) everyone would say "oh what a shame, he was like... 5th place and then his car let down on him, it wasn't him! he was driving like a "little (insert in your opinion the best driver name here)".
Like I said... Sainz isn't that kind of driver. He's more Button-like. Smooth.
And that seems to be a problem. In todays F1.

Last edited:
Shame.
And fine example of how Red Bull treat their drivers - after one GREAT move (no matter what Vettel says of course) and their FIRST podium finish this season.And maybe even the last.
I hope he'll crash in Spain so we can all just forget it all about it...
Also all that *** talk about him being "little Senna" ??
Guess Sainz just don't know how to represent himself that well.
My advice to him would be, drive like he does, don't save your fuel or tires, and when the engine goes off (or tires, or ...whatever) everyone would say "oh what a shame, he was like... 5th place and then his car let down on him, it wasn't him! he was driving like a "little (insert in your opinion the best driver name here)".
Like I said... Sainz isn't that kind of driver. He's more Button-like. Smooth.
And that seems to be a problem. In todays F1.
lol why are u so frustaded ? And for your information Verstappen is allot smoother then Sainz hence why his tyres useally last longer in the race. When Sainz has a couple of cars near him he starts making mistakes and lockup his tyres more fequently. But Sainz is still a very quick driver and i wont be suprised if he would beat Kvyat. He just needs to improve his racecraft a bit as that is where Max has had him coverred.

Well I won't say, it would be stupid of me, that Max is't fast. He also loves to play (racing) games. That's another plus for him. :D Just I hate when they over-hype someone and make other driver feel like *hit. That's not fair. But I guess, yes, it's not really my problem, they have to fight with this by themselves...

This situation kind of reminds me of another TR drivers comparision before.
Yep, Daniel and Jean Eric. You don't being remembered by driving smooth.
You need to crash and burn. Being the first (or best what your car can go at least) or break the car. There's so many comparision all over todays F1.

Let's play this little game, shall we ?
Who's better ?
Perez or Hulk ? Perez you'll probably say. Hulk's got more points.
Massa or Bottas ? Massa's got way more points.
Riccardo or Kvyat ? Kvyat is all over the press but - Ric got MUCH more points.
Raikkonen or Vettel ? But Raikkonen's got more points.
Rosberg or Hamilton ? No, really... do I need to continue ?
Haas guys and TR are being only that don't fit in this theory of mine as far I can see... :)

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/results/2016-driver-standings.html

On Dutch websites it is pretty much confirmed by Verstappen's side there is a multi year deal with just RB and not TR. So it will be more than just a race.

First picture of Max Verstappen at the redbull factory
572b2bcf17fec5f29a5fbac0cc6874e2e5f4fca60c831.jpg

@ Jimlaad43: Don't put words in my mouth and I won't put them in yours. That is not what I said. And I couldn't care less where Vettel races. I've seen what he's able to do with a car (RedBull, 2014) he thought "sounded like **** and/or a vacuum cleaner", while being outperformed by his teammate, driving an identical car, for almost the whole season. Vettel is a Schumacher clone - as a driver and as a human, visible from a mile away. And I've mentioned some more on the topic of F1's preferential treatment for its "pets" (Schumacher, Vettel being the most recent examples) in my earlier post. You could replace "pets" by "posterboys" if that makes it sweeter. Ignoring it doesn't make it inexistent. How come Hamilton isn't in that club, having won his 3 championships with a considerably less competitive car than Vettel won his 4 in? Because he has Senna as a model, by any chance? Or because he said that it wouldn't be a problem if he never gets to drive for Ferrari?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back